- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- Zanzibar is amazing beyond belief. Nungwi is one of the top beaches in the world. The crystal sand makes the water even glow.
Nungwi is the most popular beach in Zanzibar because the tide does not go out much and the water is always perfect.
Parts of the year are busier than others, parts of the beach are busier than others. If you like it busy, you can have a great time with everyone. If you want more peace and quiet, you can have that too.
Someone mentioned the beach boys being annoying while trying to sell you things. Honestly, buy as much as you can. You will wish you had when you go home and miss everything. You will wish you got more to give to friends. You won't realize it till you are home. I wish I purchased so much more! I am glad I am weak to saying no and that I purchased a little from each person who asked me!Written 2 December 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- If you want to know the different between tortoise and turtles visit prison island and then mnarani acquarium.most tourists confuse in their reviews btwn turtles and tortoise .
I really liked what the locals do here taking good care of the turtles.
What i didnt like is tourists swimming with them.feeding them is ok.Written 4 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Amazing experience:)
We could learn a lot about animals from the guide and get really next to them :)
Such a great time and really recommendedWritten 14 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Not on Nungwi Beach. You can take a local taxi for about $10 roundtrip from the beach area. About $7 and you can swim with the turtles, which are being rehabilitated.Written 13 October 2019
- Thank you for the really good expérience in Zanzibar for the diving with Bas!
It was our first time and it was a pleasure for us to discover the Ocean world.
Good explanations, very friendly, and he took his time to explain each element.
Thank you !
Alex & AnniWritten 5 December 2022
- Suley is punctual, knowledgable and extremely friendly!
We had a great time with him.
Reasonably priced and easy to organise things with via whatssapp!
Asanta Sana Suley 🙏🏽Written 5 December 2022
- This is an exceptional dive center with a professional and competent staff who are also friendly and fun. The dives were all interesting and the dive master was great at finding so many different things I never would have spotted. Florian is very helpful and shares a lot of interesting information as well. I highly recommend them!Written 16 October 2022
- Scott and the crew were super nice. Brought us to a quaint place at Mnemba Island. ( no crowds)
The cook prepared a tasty Lunch for us.
Awesome day , thanks Scott and crewWritten 14 November 2022
- I am an experienced horse rider and my horse riding tours in Zanzibar were absolutely amazing!!!
The Zanzibar horse club is welcoming and each member of staff is treating every horse with kindness and respect.
My first tour was a swim tour along a spectacular beach. My horse (Buzz) was quite keen to swim and seemed to enjoy it :)
My second tour was a 1h30 min ride on the beach with Jackson as a guide. It's been a while I haven't had so much pleasure riding a horse, Buzz again ! Thanks to very low tide we had the chance to gallop full speed and Buzz loved it as much as I did !! Thank you Jackson for such a great ride, I will come back for sure :)Written 17 November 2022
- Just the best! Said our driver was the kindest person and always was available for us! He always gave us the best tips and helped us along the way!Written 30 November 2022
- This was the next activity we did in Zanzibar as we got opportunity to see more of the island. The buggy itself is very fun- an activity we will do again when we come back to Zanzibar. The guide, Babu, is very helpful and fun as well.Written 14 October 2022
- Mohammed, I can’t tire to sing your praises… thank you for the amazing experience. From the little things as the WiFi upon arrival, i do appreciate. Keep up that level of professionalism, you make us proud as africans. The whole snorkeling experience, town tour and island journeys, I surely am making this trip again, asante sana!Written 4 December 2022
- An amazing driver made us feel so comfortable, just as being nice and kind and most importantly has a lot of knowledge about the island, Highly recommended!Written 15 September 2021
- Habibu is good person, very friendly and helpful. He was always on time. Hakuna matata. I'm glad that i met him :)Written 21 November 2022
- Very good trip, we did snorkeling, swam in the wild with the dolphins and ended up at the turtles aquarium it was amazing! My wife and I loved it and enjoyed it a lot we recommend it 100% and the service was really goodWritten 14 August 2022