- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- Very good hotel. Good food. Good people. I will come again. If you want a tour you can contact in advance Marco Polo Muhammed Ali. Best guy ever. You can find him as well on the beach of Royal Zanzibar. Here is his number: +255 772 337 329Written 31 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Unique experience with animals (if you love them, you have to visit!). A lot of tourists, but big space. Downside: the water looks quite dirty.Written 24 December 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Amazing experience:)
We could learn a lot about animals from the guide and get really next to them :)
Such a great time and really recommendedWritten 14 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Not on Nungwi Beach. You can take a local taxi for about $10 roundtrip from the beach area. About $7 and you can swim with the turtles, which are being rehabilitated.Written 13 October 2019
- The chameleons are very interesting and friendly and the owner is very passionate and knowledgeable about the chameleons. We got to touch the chameleons and have them climb on us and also got to see them eat a grasshopperWritten 4 August 2022
- We had a lovely experience at Baraka Turtle Aquarium. It's quite busy with tourists. The guides there are helpful and it generally felt safe.
They have changing rooms and outdoor showers to use in case visitors want to change before and after swimming in the lagoon with the turtles.
The only negative is that there doesn't seem to be any enforcement of ground rules regarding swimming in the lagoon with the turtles. There is a sign with the basic rules but some visitors were not following them. I think its a shame because although the turtles seem accustomed to people swimming with them, some visitors were screaming and thrashing around in the water. This can be stressful for the animals and I don't think its very fair. If people are frightened or worried about making swift movements that could hurt the animals - they should not enter the water. It is just as nice an experience to see them and feed them from the bank/steps without getting in. I think it would be better if someone enforced the rules.Written 5 January 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Nungwi
- These experiences are best for nature & parks in Nungwi:
- Turtle sanctuary Zanzibar
- Zanzibar Full Day Mnemba Island, Nungwi and Kendwa Beach Tour
- Dolphin Tour and Snorkeling at Mnemba Island reef from Nungwi
- Dolphins, Snorkeling and Sandbank at Mnemba Island reef
- Day Safari Tour to Mikumi National Park
- These are the best places for kid-friendly nature & parks in Nungwi:See more nature & parks for children in Nungwi on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for couples seeking nature & parks in Nungwi:See more nature & parks for couples in Nungwi on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for groups seeking nature & parks in Nungwi:See more nature & parks for groups in Nungwi on Tripadvisor
- These are the most romantic places for nature & parks in Nungwi:See more romantic nature & parks in Nungwi on Tripadvisor