Popular things to do
- 4WD Tours
- Day Trips & Excursions
- Private Sightseeing Tours
- Sporting Events
- Airport & Hotel Transfers
- Multi-day & Extended Tours
- Top Picks
- Ports of Call Tours
- Luxury & Special Occasions
- Walking Tours
- Food, Wine & Nightlife
- Museum Tickets & Passes
- Air, Helicopter & Balloon Tours
- Weddings & Honeymoons
- Family Friendly
Top Attractions in Nungwi
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Our hotel Melia Zanzibar (Kiwengwa) arranged for us (at our cost) a sunset sail on a catamaran around Nungwi for 5 hours inclusive of a five course dinner, bottomless wine :-D and transfers. The experience was very memorable. Only regret is we did not get to Nungwi earlier to explore the curio market.Written 16 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Turtles are so fun!! I had a blast but would have liked a little more education. You can swim with them and they give you sea weed to feed them as wellWritten 15 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Amazing experience:)
We could learn a lot about animals from the guide and get really next to them :)
Such a great time and really recommended 🥰Written 16 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Not on Nungwi Beach. You can take a local taxi for about $10 roundtrip from the beach area. About $7 and you can swim with the turtles, which are being rehabilitated.Written 13 October 2019
- The chameleons are very interesting and friendly and the owner is very passionate and knowledgeable about the chameleons. We got to touch the chameleons and have them climb on us and also got to see them eat a grasshopperWritten 4 August 2022
- When visiting the aquarium, you get the chance to swim in a natural cave with dozens of big turtles. Don't forget to bring your swimming wear and a towel. There are also outdoor shower facilities.Written 15 July 2022
- Selling the usual prints and designs that vendors will try and sell you on the beach. Honestly nothing new or exceptional about it, if not that it is sheltered in case of rain. Not quite the sort of "gallery" you'd expect. Still one of the nicest huts in Nungwi village though.Written 31 March 2018
- Out of curiosity, I went to ScubaCaraibe in Nungwi to find out about diving. A great welcome from the whole team, the manager is concerned to make progress in the best conditions ! My Instructor Camille Aka Millie passed on to me her passion for theory, diving techniques, underwater fauna and flora. Millie was very effective with a personalized teaching to my facilities and my difficulties, all with a lot of rigor on safety, the will to make benefit from all the underwater wonders that we encountered and all in learning the benevolent respect for the underwater fauna and flora.
Thanks also to Troy, the divermaster who also helped me in my learning.
Successful mission from ScubaCaraibe because I want to continue diving now thanks to obtaining my PADI Open Water Diver certification !Written 17 September 2022
- Suley is an excellent driver! Very friendly and punctual. He is also a native of Zanzibar and is very knowledgeable about the island. You will be in good hands with him!Written 21 September 2022
- Best place!! We got our Padi open water license here and truly enjoyed it. The team is super nice and we had a very friendly and knowledgeable instructor. Was a lot of fun and really nice to dive in this beautiful area. Would always choose Fun Divers again. Thanks a lot for everything! (:Written 17 September 2022
- Poseidon it’s a nice friendly crew, they are funny and professional in the same time.
Florian it’s a good guy and with him and all the staff you can enjoy your diving journey in Nungwi easy and safety.Written 13 September 2022
- We had a great experience with spanish dancers. We originally had a week of diving planned with a different local shop but bailed after the first day due to safety and equipment concerns. Spanish dancers set us up with great quality equipment and safety oriented guides for the rest of our diving. The spots they took us to were wonderful and full of great coral and sea life. The boat was comfortable. Very friendly office staff as well. Great experience for us relatively new divers and I would happily recommend to friends and family.Written 26 September 2022
- Super easy booking system through WhatsApp and very fairly priced:
The horses are well looked after and the stables an clean and proud place to be.
I swam with the horses on one day and had the best time. The guide was incredible at taking photos for me. I was very grateful.
And then did one of the beach rides on my last day, and even a bit of rain didn’t dampen the ride. It was a lovely end to the holiday and again Jessica was able to take some videos of us cantering along the beach. So thank you for adding many memories to this once in a life time tripWritten 24 September 2022
- Our experience was fantastic!Wonderful hatch,confortable,clean,tasty food and super polite and friendly crew!!It’s worth seeing the sunset with them!
Thanks Sabina!!!!!!Written 15 September 2022
- Big thanks to Muhamed and team for 3 day dives. When I arrived Boss man picked the gear for me, checked wich size fits me best! All was done proffesional.
All three days I dove with Muhamed, he speaks perfect eneglish and could asnwer all my questions. When diving, he would point to interesting fish I would otherwise miss.
I definetly recomend Divine Diving!Written 30 October 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Nungwi
- The best day trips from Nungwi according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- A Day Trip To Mikumi fly from Zanzibar
- Zanzibar Full Day Mnemba Island, Nungwi and Kendwa Beach Tour
- Starfish Adventure; Blue Lagoon Snorkeling; The Rock; Paje Beach; Jozani Forest
- Marine turtules tour & kendwa beach relaxation
- Zanzibar Luxury Cooking Class: Departure from Stone Town Zanzibar