- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Concerts & Shows
13 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- girls basketball championship games held here. staff was very responsive to requests to clean up a mess and keep facility safe. concessionaire was just right.Written 5 February 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a nice little shopping center far from the city. Koko Marina is located in Hawaii-Kai and has an old feel to it. While it used to be more fun with some key closures, it's still a great place to stop by with some gems. They have all the key places you'd need: a Walgreens, Petco, gas station, movie theatre, and casual restaurants galore.
Our favorite reason to come here is Kona Brewing Co., still one of the best restaurants around for locally sourced food and cold beer; even through the entrance looks like it's in a parking lot, the main restaurant overlooks the lake and mountains.
The shopping center has plenty of free parking all around. Some areas are reserved for specific businesses, so make sure if you're staying a while. After you park it's easy to walk around to other places. At the time of this writing a number of places are still closed due to COVID19 concerns, but I'm sure it'll become a one-stop location for fun and entertainment again.Written 3 October 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We were music theater subscribers for decades in San Francisco, and have also seen musical theater on Broadway, London, and elsewhere. All were obscenely expensive, but we paid because that was the only way to see them.
Today for the first time, we went to Diamond Head Theater, and watched Jesus Christ Superstar! Wonderful performance in a mid-sized theater with excellent acoustics.
And the seats were only $25, not the $400 we paid last time we visited Broadway!
This is going to be place we go to a lot in the future!Written 24 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Was luck enough to catch a Jack Johnson show here. How great is that? Seeing jj in Hawaii, great venue. Very picturesque. Recommend seeing a show here.Written 29 August 2015
- The MVT is a great venue for community theater. They did an excellent job with Curious Incident. Well cast. Nicely staged.Written 15 February 2020
- I read about this Theatre in the Honolulu Star-Advertiser and convinced my husband that we had to go to their Hawaiian Mission Houses History Theatre. We saw the production called Yesterday's News performed by William Ha'o, Kahana Ho, Albert Ueligitone and Moses Goods. It is a wonderful intimate atmosphere with only about 200 seats available. And following the production, the cultural programs coordinator, Po'ai Lincoln invited questions from the audience, with many of us eager to participate. It was fascinating to hear more about the history and to enjoy this fabulous venue. I think we might have been the only tourists/non-locals there, so I encourage the theatre to advertise more to tourists, as this is really a wonderful addition to anyone's vacation plans!Written 1 April 2019
- One of us has trouble walking. They immediately came to take us to our seats via a side passage that bypassed the stairs. It was appreciated.
Note: the show was sign-language interpreted. This meant that two signers stood in front of the stage, blocking the view for many people seated in the first 10 rows, audience left. It was distracting since, during low lighting on stage, these signers stood awkwardly in their own spotlights.Written 18 February 2020
- First time literally watching items disappear before my own eyes. Shoot magically making fish appear in a glass.Written 2 October 2022
- Great show. Food was fabulous. Sheena was great too. So much fun. Elvis and Michael Jackson were great performers. The young kid who did the fire trucks was amazing. Can't say enough about this to describe how great it was. VI P ticket was worth getting. Front row seat to the show.Written 3 October 2022
- TAG fill a void in our community with creative productions of lesser known pays. The theater's very small size makes it so easy to be drawn into the plays.
I also like the super friendly casualness of the staff..so that intermission is like gathering with friends over drinks.Written 24 June 2019
- I have long known that Hawaii Theatre has been recognized as an "Outstanding Historic Theatre in America and have often enjoyed performances there since it was beautifully restored and reopened in 1996.
We saw "Allegiance" a musical that has been presented on Broadway and were again in awe! The performance documents the internment of innocent Japanese American citizens during World War II after the bombing of Pearl Harbor. This production by the Manoa Valley Theatre was the Hawaii premiere. The actors were superb, the venue was grand, the ushers were helpful and gracious, the exhibits were moving and the message of course, is one that we can not forget.
We do not live in Hawaii, but travel here about once per year to our timeshare. When we are here, we always make a point to check out what is playing at the Hawaii Theatre and we were certainly delighted, once again!Written 5 May 2019
- We went to the Murder Mystery show on August 10 and enjoyed it very much. The four of us sat with a group of locals and had a nice time talking with them. It was a little awkward to mingle with the other people (to help figure out who the true murderer was) but we understand that was part of the show. The detectives and players in the show were good, even though the script is a little cheesy. They made it fun. The food was okay. The salad was served pretty quickly but then took a long time before the entree was served. The night went a little long and probably could be shortened a bit but overall we enjoyed the evening.Written 15 August 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Honolulu