Bodies of Water • Nature & Wildlife Areas
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Types of Attractions
Nature & Parks
Nature & Parks
3 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- I was unable to get tickets online no matter how hard I tried, so I gave up. We went on a drive and happened to pass by and saw a sign that said “parking passes available” and went in. I was given two tickets and was immediately able to go in. I didn’t mind the cost and parking was free. I didn’t mind watching the video. It wasn’t too crowded and the snorkeling was amazing! You can’t snorkel and see much if you only go in up to your waist as there either isn’t much to see and/or the water is cloudy from the waves. If you venture out, you will see amazing fish and coral. We were shocked at how clear everything was! Two hours was as long as we could handle the sun, but that was plenty long enough. We were there from 10:00 AM to noon. I HIGHLY recommend this place!Written 26 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- What a fabulous program for the Kieki! My so has gained a wealth of knowledge on how to take care of the planet and I can tell he feels very empowered from this wisdom! The staff are super great and the location is just magical. Memories to last a lifetime for sure!!!Written 30 December 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We went early to catch some good pictures of sunrise and had the unexpected surprise of free admission and parking!
Highly recommend an early start! There are no shops except the gift shop and no eateries so bring drinks, mat/chairs, hats, sunglasses (no shade at all) and whatever else you need. It’s a fairly steep slope down to the beach so don’t pack too much!
Try to enter the water in the central area where there are less rocks in the sea bottom - You can see this as you come down the slope.
There are very gentle waves and it’s a gentle decline too so you’re in shallow waters for quite a distance. Watch out for the rocks/dead coral.
Snorkel to see the many colourful fish and corals.
The exhibition has obviously not been upgraded for decades but is informative and the illustrations were good.
We liked the gift shop with a helpful sales assistant and well curated unique items.Written 12 December 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions about Honolulu
- These experiences are best for nature & wildlife areas in Honolulu:
- Oahu Circle Island and Snorkeling Tour
- Turtle Canyon Catamaran Snorkel Cruise from Waikiki
- Dolphin Watch and Snorkeling with Hula and Water Activities
- Turtle Canyon Snorkel Adventure
- Waikiki Atlantis Submarine Adventure
- These places are best for nature & wildlife areas in Honolulu:See more nature & wildlife areas in Honolulu on Tripadvisor