- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
4 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- Very nice art museum with lots of displays. Restaurant/cafe had great food and nice garden area for dining.Written 2 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The former home of heiress Doris Duke becomes Shangri La, a museum of Islamic art and design. The five-acre site is on the ocean with beautifully landscaped grounds. Access is via a fifteen-minute bus ride from the Honolulu Museum of Art. A reservation and additional ticket are required for Shangri La.
The craftmanship of the architectural details is outstanding. Highlights include carved marble panels, amazing detailed walls, ceilings and columns, tile settings on the floors and walls, rare vases and other artwork.
Tour is largely self-guided. Three docents were onsite to answer questions. There were three short oral presentations in the introduction gallery, the central courtyard and the Mihrab gallery. All three presentations were worthwhile. The new Qajar gallery was my favorite.Written 15 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is an interesting modern art museum featuring Hawaiian artists where the art focussed on the Hawaiian culture, geography and spirit. Some interesting political artwork and photographs highlighting Hawaii’s modern struggles, particularly against the USA. Staff are helpful and happy to answer questions about the art. It’s quite a small exhibit, we took around 45 mins to go round everything and we were taking our time. Skippable if you’re short of time but if you’re in the area worth dropping by (particularly as it is free). Very nearby to Iolani palace which is why we were in the area.Written 8 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions about Honolulu
- These are the best places for couples seeking art museums in Honolulu:See more art museums for couples in Honolulu on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for budget-friendly art museums in Honolulu:See more budget-friendly art museums in Honolulu on Tripadvisor