Historic Walking Areas • Hiking Trails
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
3 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- The path is paved with asphalt and about 9' wide from the parking area to the observation platforms at the top. There are several information boards on the path. Rest areas are along the path. No shade, no water, no services. Great views of the ocean, surrounding area and the lighthouse.Written 15 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- At the time of the attack on Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941, Ford Island’s coastline was home to nine of the Navy’s battleships. Seaplanes were based here as well. Access to the island is a controlled entry point on the bridge. Before the bridge was built, the only way to get off and on was by ferry. It is open to military and DoD personnel and those who are a part of a tour group. On the island are several naval facilities, the Navy Inn, military housing, Nob Hill, Luke Field, and Hospital Point. It also has four main groups of military housing: Nob Hill, Luke Field, and Battleship Cove. Ancient Hawaiians used this place for a fertility ritual. The Hawaiians called it Moku’ume’ume and could be thought of one of the first incidents of mate swapping. However, the ancient Hawaiians believed this practice to be a means to increase the birth rate.Written 29 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Along Waikiki beach there are some different attractions along the way.
Many statues, nice shops and also some nice places where to admire the panorama on the beach especially during sunset.Written 2 January 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions about Honolulu
- These places are best for historic walking areas in Honolulu:See more historic walking areas in Honolulu on Tripadvisor