Popular things to do
- Self-guided Tours
- Cultural Tours
- Bus Tours
- Historical Tours
- Hiking Trails
- Top Picks
- Multi-day Tours
- Historic Sites
- Private & Custom Tours
- Airport & Hotel Transfers
- Points of Interest & Landmarks
- Day Trips & Excursions
- Luxury & Special Occasions
- Sporting Events
- Food, Wine & Nightlife
- Speciality Museums
- Likely to Sell Out
- Holiday & Seasonal Tours
- Museum Tickets & Passes
Top Attractions in Salt Lake City
Admission tickets from ₹1,129.52
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Simply beautiful. Great drive, less than 30 min from airport. Family enjoyed the scenario. We parked and hikes a bit, should have gone earlier before it got very hot but enjoyed it overallWritten 22 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Superb collection of dinosaur fossils and an excellent explanation of the evolution of life over the geological ages. Spectacular building too.Written 22 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I was a bit confused on where to go/start; the girl at the counter could see I was clueless on where to go but was not helpful in showing me⁉️she had recommended a trail but didn't give directions on how to get there. I spent a bit of my time trying to find my way to an actual trail...after I finally found one, I found the trails to not be marked well. I spent most of my day wandering. They were having a wedding so the rose garden was blocked off. I would go back to attempt a trail up the mountain....next time. Thankful it was a gorgeous day to wander...Written 16 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We were offered a tour by two young sisters who told us about the religion and their faith. Was a great experience which I highly recommend.Written 23 September 2022
- Beautiful building and place to walk around, and a great spot to check out the history of the State of Utah.Written 5 August 2022
- The Tabernacle and so many of the paintings and statues are wonderful to see. There are sisters in each room to help explain any questions you may have. They are helpful, although different, as there are two in every room you walk into.Written 14 September 2022
- Great shopping mall. Clean spacious and very hospitable employees. Nice foodcourt with loads of choices from fastfood to Indian etc.Written 23 September 2022
- This was a great place to kill some time. We got tickets for one of the shows (which was meh, a typical planetarium show). The best part of the place is the mini museum and activities available for free that even us adults enjoyed.Written 1 August 2022
- fun to people watch, walk, run, or just sit to watch the ducks. There are always people around, different tracks for your needs.Written 8 July 2022
- We visited here recently and really enjoyed the nice setting for this impressive collection of birds. The entire area is beautifully landscaped, with water features, shady & sunny areas, boardwalks, and naturalistic outdoor habitats (plus a few indoor enclosures). If you’ve ever been to a large zoo that includes a walk-through or free-flight aviary, this place will surpass that. Throughout the exhibits, there were informational placards for all the avian residents; we saw many species that were totally new for us (and we are serious zoo-goers).
In all, we spent a little over one hour here. We had free admission through our AHS membership (which was unexpected, since they are not a garden but a zoo). There is a nice gift shop here and a café (which we didn’t visit)—the Dole Whip was very tempting on the hot afternoon we were there but we resisted the sugar overload. Since we visited in the afternoon, we missed the indoor bird shows—wish they had one in the morning and another in the afternoon, rather than two in the morning. We had no trouble finding parking by the entrance. This is a nice feature at Liberty Park worth checking out.Written 13 September 2022
- It was an amazing experience! The temple is beautiful and a must see! The Library is a must see as well and the museum too! So much to see and its all free!!Written 20 August 2022
- We received a very thorough tour which lasted more than 2 hours. The auditorium is just amazing, seating for 20.000+ persons! The paintings throughout the building were beatiful as well as the stories behind those. The roof terrace and gardens are unbelievable. The conference center is a must see while in SLC, just a stunning place!Written 15 September 2022
- Needed to get out on a gorgeous day! Another gem located in a residential area....stay on the ensign trail. I took the Hell's canyon and it was steep and sketchy. I was able to take the other down. Happy I made it to the top!Written 15 September 2022
- Incredible stained glass in a beautiful church. Make a point to see this amazing cathedral. So glad our bus tour stopped here.Written 17 September 2022
- It's different out here, that's for sure.
The Great Salt Lake stretches as far as the eye can see. And if you can't see, you can smell it. It's not that it's malodorous, exactly; it's just distinctive.
Why I've been so fascinated with the Great Salt Lake is beyond me. The visit did not disappoint: I wasn't expecting a cozy beach day--especially not in the winter.
The idea, though, of being surrounded by nature, soaking in its vastness, made quite the impression.
We experienced the Great Salt Lake via Antelope Island. Ample parking at a variety of sights, along with restrooms, made for a pleasant ride. The causeway from the entrance of the park to the island itself gives ample opportunity for you to appreciate the true expanse of the lake.Written 7 September 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Salt Lake City
- The best day trips from Salt Lake City according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Pick Your Park: Private Day Tour From Salt Lake City
- Private Day Tour Arches National Park from Salt Lake City
- Sunset Private Tour at Bonneville Salt Flats
- Salty Queen Adventures: Spanish Fork Festival of Lights in Utah
- Christmas Lights- Spanish Fork Festival of Lights in Salt Lake City
- The most popular things to do in Salt Lake City with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints Conference Center
- Big Cottonwood Canyon
- Natural History Museum of Utah
- Cathedral of the Madeleine
- Red Butte Garden