- Traveller favouritesTours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
6 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travellers are saying
- Located just two miles north from downtown Springfield, Oak Ridge Cemetery is a public cemetery, developed in 1855 (established in 1860), on a vast territory of 325 acres, a significant part of which is rolling hills with huge oak trees, and nearby is Spring Creek - the tributary of Sangamon River.
After National Arlington Cemetery, Oak Ridge Cemetery is the second largest and the most visited cemetery in the US -- about 1 million people visit the site every year.
The cemetery is stunning. It is so vast, large monuments (several War Memorials) and especially the magnificent, 117-ft tall Obelisk over the Abraham Lincoln Tomb create stunning serenity, silence and peace at this historic site.
We drove up to the Lincoln Tomb, that is near Spring Creek, and parked on a spacious parking lot.
The Lincoln Tomb is the most powerful monument I have ever seen.Written 16 January 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We just returned from Springfield, having done the Lincoln Experience with Garrett. What a great tour! The tour caught out eye when we were looking fo something to do in Springfield, and we ended up working our trip around this tour.We were a group of 8, ranging in age from 3 to adult. Garett met us at the Lincoln Law office and off we went from there. I was concerned that the teens and toddler would get bored, as it is billed as a 4 hour long tour. Well, the tour went well over 4 hours - Garrett was gracious and never rushed us - and the teens thoroughly enjoyed the tour, and our toddler did really well too.Garrett is a true wealth of information on all things Lincoln, and Springfield. We really enjoyed getting some "insider info" about the area. At lunch, we chatted about some of the spookier aspects of Springfield and are going to try and get back there in October to do Garrett's ghost tour. All, in all, fantastic value for money, and we left feeling like we really knew so much about Lincoln.Written 19 September 2016This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We rented the Party Barge over the weekend. The check in process was a breeze. The office staff were very friendly. We got to the boat at the dock and they walked us thru some directions. The Party Barge was perfect for our group. When returning after almost 8 hours on the water, the check out process was as smooth as the check in process. I highly recommend the Marina for any rental needs. My only recommendation is to put longer ropes for docking. The rope in the front of the boat was too short to reach any of the cleats on the docks.Written 16 August 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Granddaughter and I have a great ride. Ride was hour long. Claudia, our guide was great. She told us about horses and things in the area.
We wanted a nice relaxing ride along the river and that is just what happened.
The have canoe/kayak rentals too
The horses were easy going.
I would recommend to anyone, but especially those with little riding experience, those who don’t ride frequently, or just want easy going ride.Written 2 July 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.