Popular things to do
- Day Cruises
- Multi-day Tours
- Sacred & Religious Sites
- Private Sightseeing Tours
- Ports of Call Tours
- Points of Interest & Landmarks
- Nature and Wildlife Tours
- Day Trips
- Cultural Tours
- Tours & Sightseeing
- Top Picks
- Luxury & Special Occasions
- Airport & Hotel Transfers
- Weddings & Honeymoons
- Sporting Events
- Air, Helicopter & Balloon Tours
- Kayaking Tours
- Museum Tickets & Passes
- Shopping Tours
Top Attractions in Alappuzha
What travellers are saying
- Nice boat. Electricity provided with tv in house boat in Alleppey in Kerala. Full of water and Greenery.Written 3 January 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very nice temple with KErala architecture. Has an elephant normally, but not on hte day we visited. Could be maintained better, especially the temple pond.Written 12 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Mannarassala Sree Nagaraja Temple is a very ancient and a famous centre of pilgrimage for the devotees of Nagaraja. The temple is located near Haripad, in Alleppey district of Kerala.
Its a special pilgrim centre indeed.Written 3 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Good museum, displays the personal collection. Some really lovely objects including various vintage tanjore paintings, furniture, ivory, porcelain, paintings from various parts of the world, and a vintage Buick. If you've got spare time and have an interest in museums, then would definitely recommend. Gives a glimpse into the lives of the superrich.Written 12 August 2022
- This is one of the most popular picnic spots in Alappuzha. The beach is absolutely picturesque at sunset.The pier, which extends into the sea here, is over 137 years old. Entertainment facilities at the Vijaya Beach Park add to the attractions of the beach. There is also an old lighthouse which is greatly fascinating to visitors.Written 6 July 2020
- We visited Arthunkal Basilica on the way back from kumarakom vacation. It's an historic pilgrimage centre and one of the oldest churches in India. The main church and the one built in 1561 are both well maintained and open for public to pray. A must visit if you are in this area and definitely one to explore if you have an interest in Christian history in IndiaWritten 8 February 2021
- The visit to the Lighthouse and Museum was worth the time spent. We however did not have time and energy to climb 105 steep stairs, but understandably the view from the top would be great.
Learnt that earlier the Light-source would be Coconut Oil Wicks, but now it is Solar Power.Written 6 March 2020
- without engagement we had 2 hours, so we visited this place. really good experience. kids are enjoying a lot. we all know more about coir materials and usage. the guide was so helpful to us .she explained a lot.we had a different experience what we think. must can visit there.Written 27 May 2020
- Located in a place called Puliancunnoo. About 25 kms away from Alleppey town. The road that leads to the church is calming. The church has a peaceful atmosphere with the backwaters close by.Written 20 March 2022
- IThere is the syetem. token for pooja materials .special dharisanam.leave your all materials outsideWritten 29 May 2020
- The event which one should not miss. It is the event where the entire crowd is mesmerised with the explanation of 24 mudras.
And each mudra explains the details of the dialect being saidWritten 22 May 2022
- Nice temply in the centre of town. If you cannot travel to Alampuzha, this temple is worth visiting.Written 12 August 2022
- Visited the temple during there Navratri festival celebration. Was very crowded. There were Elephants with ornaments on their trunks. Nice darshanWritten 27 October 2018
- Massive cathedral, great place to visit.
The church yard is really big.
Try and visit during the annual festival.Written 1 January 2020
Thottappally Beach its an ok type beach just for chilax w can go there nothing much entertainment but for time being it is awesomeWritten 23 October 2018
Frequently Asked Questions about Alappuzha
- The best day trips from Alappuzha according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Day Cruise with South Indian Lunch on the Kerala Backwaters & Private Transfer
- Cochin Private Tour of Heritage and Backwaters from Cochin Hotels or Cochin Port
- Private 3 Bedroom Luxury Houseboat Trip in Alleppy Backwaters
- Houseboat Tour In Alleppey Backwaters From Cochin
- Cochin Heritage Tour With Alleppey Houseboat Cruise