What travellers are saying
- The Golden Gate Welcome Centre is more of a souvenir shop than an informational centre about the Golden Gate Bridge, but there are a few displays around the place with some interesting facts. Outside the centre, there are a few more informational displays and there is a viewpoint nearby, that makes the visit there worthwhile.Written 11 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It's a bit tough to find this place as the google location would point it as the street but in fact the information centre is is at the right location in under ground.
Once when you reach there, the entire set of staff is too friendly and helpful to ensure we are reaching the right place and the right time by providing clarity. I would suggest you to plan reaching this place maximum by 10am so that you can plan you day clearlyWritten 26 March 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- What a wonderful way to watch magnificent sunsets with friends and family. Food is good and a very friendly wait staff.Written 24 August 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The California Welcome Center at Pier 39 is such a great place! I found a lot of brochures for attractions across California and the service I received was fantastic! Any travelers to the city who find themselves at the pier be sure you stop at the CWC!!Written 11 February 2013
- We had a nice day in the Presidio Area. There is the nice grassy area, the Disney Museum, various buildings to explore As part of the visit we also went to the Presidio Visitor Center.Written 18 August 2020
- A trip to this beautiful sanctuary will make you feel great. The beauty of these isles off the coast of the San Francisco is worthy, in my humble opinion, of a membership and\or donation to support this important work in maintaining this beautiful habitat. Outdoor activities and education abound. I have placed this listing into the TripAdvisor database to include hours, website and so on that one may learn from their extensive offerings online. I hope you experience this treasure to our beautiful San Francisco Bay Area. It is a magical experience for kids and adults alike who love the outdoors.Written 10 July 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about San Francisco
- These are the best places for budget-friendly visitor centres in San Francisco:See more budget-friendly visitor centres in San Francisco on Tripadvisor