Popular things to do
Top Attractions in Kihei
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- We stayed at Aston at the Maui Banyan literally across the street so to have this beach so conveniently next to us was amazing!
I have only gone to water once or twice and it was refreshing, no crazy currents, and I must admit the sand is super soft and powdery like others said here! Is it the prettiest beach in all of Maui? No but it's never crowded never too busy, and it's a loooooooong strip of sandy shoreline to enjoy
Sunsets each night here were a tone of fun!
TIP: some limited parking along the street (the Park I and III have some extra parking) - there are showers, restrooms here, and some vendors not too far away for a quick and easy walk (and grocery stores too)Written 17 December 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Easy parking, restrooms, lifeguard and good sand and few rock on the bottom. We love the Kam beaches. Further north, the water is less clear.Written 26 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It is a small beach but the park above has a lot of area as well as a lot of shade. The beach area is rocky, so be careful where you go in.Written 29 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We enjoyed everything about our tour of Maui Brewing. Our tour guide George was extremely knowledgeable about the beer brewing process at Maui Brewing and shared very interesting facts about the operation. He answered all of our questions and gave great advice when sampling the beers. He's converted me to the Big Swell IPA as my go-to beer!
We had a few questions about the distilling process that Maui Brewing uses, so he found the brewmaster who spent quite a bit of time with us to answer our questions and tell us more details about producing spirits on the island in a sustainable way.
Great time! Thanks to everyone at Maui Brewing for a great experience!Written 22 January 2023
- We attended Mass here twice on this trip as we do every visit to Wailea. Love the Church, crucifix and AC. A very welcoming community but it does, sadly, trend too liberal for us.
Peace.Written 9 October 2022
- Run by NOAA and the State, this is a terrific educational opportunity for all ages. Knowledgeable volunteers share both marine science and local history. Exhibits for adults, puzzles for kids. Good viewing point for whales and sea turtles if your timing is right.Written 5 November 2022
- Great beach. Close to everything and worth going to. Family had a great time. Worth taking some sort of floating device for the kids.Written 25 July 2022
- This is a narrow beach, but if you want privacy this is the place to go. Very romantic! The water was so clear I barely needed my mask. Gorgeous fine golden sand.Written 1 September 2022
- My wife and I recently walked the trails around and through Kealia Pond and enjoyed seeing the coots and stilts. It was very quiet when we were there - no more than a handful of other people were at the pond. It was an interesting change of pace from the usual attractions on Maui.Written 1 November 2022
- Post checkout from hotel , we went to the cove and it was too good, beautiful. Must see. Small cove, water splashing to heights, clean water. Saw 2 marriages happen there.Written 27 December 2022
- The absolute BEST mangoes, outstanding papayas, great pineapples and fine apple bananas. The Golden Glow mangoes are our favorites but they usually have several varieties. We have learned to buy about 7 at a time and put them in the fridge…they ripen beautifully and we can enjoy one a day as we visit Upcountry or Hana, and aren’t near Kihei. This doesn’t work with papayas! Friendly, helpful, kind and fair prices. We look forward to this little stand with great fruit and lovely owners each time we visit.Written 13 April 2022
- If you can get up before sunrise, take this nice short walk and watch the sun come up over Haleakala. Good way to start the day.Written 8 August 2022
- We went whale watching- it had been years since we did it. My husband initially didn't want to go- thought we wouldnt see much and it would be boring. But luckily, this experience exceeded our reservations. We saw two big breeches, a close vision of fins slapping the water,, several farther sightings of a mother and her calf, and a beautiful day with a talented narration of what was happening by the guide. People I suppose were scared to mingle in this time of Covid, so a boat that I am told can hold 42 people only had 21- what a blessing that was. ( for us, not the company). Everyone had a great seat- no one was worried about being able to see anything, and it was really a lovely experience from beginning to end. These are magnificent creatures- only seeing them in person do them justice- and hopefully, they make conservationists of everyone who visits.Written 3 January 2021
- Hats off to Judy for being the best wedding planner ever…. She is beyond awesome! When I tell you she exceeded all of my expectations, I mean just that! Never had I ever imagined a destination wedding to be so easy to have (so effortless), but thanks to Judy and her entire crew my dream wedding became a reality right before my very eyes! Letting Judy plan my wedding was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made…she didn’t disappoint. My wedding was so elegant yet sophisticated, it was simply beautiful!!!Written 22 July 2021
- The one I went to was the 1st after the pandemic, so the lines at the food trucks were long. However, one of the main reasons I went was to listen to music and do a little dancing to the music of MissyWritten 9 July 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Kihei
- The best day trips from Kihei according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Small Group Road to Hana Adventure Tour with Pickup
- Molokini Crater and South Maui Coast Adventure from Kihei
- Four Winds II Molokini Snorkeling Tour from Maalaea Harbor
- Maui: Audio Driving Tour
- South Maui: Self-Guided eBike, Hike, and Snorkel Excursion
Kihei Attractions Information
|Local Time||Thursday 8:31 PM|