What travellers are saying
- Trip Advisor tempted us down here to a beach shack that turned out to not exist so we made the most of the area in any case.
This place is probably rammed in the Summer but at Easter it is perfectly tranquil and a great pleasure to while away pleasant hours paddling, swimming and sun bathing.
Park in Colonia Sant Jordi (restaurants, a marina, a supermarket) and walk about ten mins south to find a perfect spot.Written 15 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Marvellous day out with stunning beaches and amazing landscape. On the boat trip from Colonia de Sant Jordi you get around 4-5 hours free time in Cabrera. Don't miss the views from the castle, but otherwise just head to the beaches, which are the highlight of Cabrera. The views from anywhere on the island are just stunning and the stop at the Blue Cave on the boat trip on the way back to Mallorca is wonderful.
Make sure you take food and LOTS of water because there is only one bar on the whole island and they don't offer very much. It it always feels hotter on Cabrera than on Mallorca so make sure you have hat, sun cream and water. Wear comfy shoes for walking because the pathways are very rocky and uncomfortable on the feet.Written 23 January 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- another beach with white sand in Colonia, not very wide, but nice and popular with sun seekers, nice access to waterWritten 29 October 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Management & staff friendly & helpful..
Pool well maintained & lane lines need abit of maintenance…
Overal good experiencesWritten 29 June 2022
This small beach was a short walk from our hotel. It had nice white sand and a shallow entry to the water. Even in mid-June it was very crowded by one in the afternoon.
If you are not staying in town, parking may be a problem. There is free on street parking, but it fills up quickly during the day.Written 26 July 2023
- 8 euros per adult , we only went on the ground floor , which had a decent variety of fish etc . We never went to the top ( the lift did not work and the steps/ slopes looked a bit to much for me ) so not sure what was on the other floors , looks like their was a telescope on top to look at views . As we left the building through a lovely bridged area it looked like it should be full of water underneath the bridges , it wasn’t which was a shame would of been another nice feature . May it’s only filled in summer months ?Written 17 May 2023
- Very clean beach popular with locals. Backed by a pleasant walkway which allows a walk all around to the lighthouse and beyond. Loads of eating and drinking options to choose from and ample free parking nearbyWritten 10 October 2021
- The location of this beach is close to the town centre and there is a lovely beachcomber restaurant there - Cassia Beach House (serves my favourite beer - Mahou).Written 16 July 2018
- I really enjoyed my tennis lessons with Joerg. He is an excellent coach. He has a very good way of giving you a few tips which make a real difference and not over loading you with advice. I noticed he is also good with kids - sets and encourages them on a good path for tennis. Highly recommended if you like tennis.Written 4 July 2021
- We initially booked the fast trip as we didn’t think our 5 & 7 year old would cope with 4 hours on the island. How wrong we were! We realised our mistake after about 10 minutes of the 25 minutes the excursion gave us on the island and spoke to the crew who were able to speak to the office and change our booking to a later return. It was a very hot day, however the bar on the island and the naturally shaded beach gave welcome reprieve from the sun. The climb up the spiral stairs to the top of the castle isn’t for the faint hearted!
All in all it was a great day, the stops the boat gave us on the way there and back were fantastic and the crew were super friendly and helpful. I would thoroughly recommend the trip, just book the longer stay as there is enough to do to fill the time.Written 5 August 2019
- We had a wonderful experience with Aventura IB on a snorkeling adventure to Cabrera. Captain Carlos was so nice and welcoming; Martin was an enthusiastic guide on our snorkel. They also accommodated us by taking us to the bus stop in Campos after the excursion. Overall very helpful, friendly staff :)Written 13 July 2023
- Cancelled our boat rental without notifying us. Tried callin us one three hours before and then never again. Also did not pick up the phone. We found out when we got there!Written 15 August 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Colonia de Sant Jordi
Colonia de Sant Jordi Attractions Information