Historic Sites • Ancient Ruins
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Well worth a visit to see well preserved mosaics and how the wealthy lived at that time. There are options for a guided tour or audio guide however there is adequate visual and written signage in all parts of the complex. Some walking involved but not too onerous.Written 28 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Nice place to visit if you are in the area for Villa Romana.
beautifull medieval narrow alleys.
We came there for lunch after the Villa, it was exactly the right place for us.Written 15 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Stopped here while on way to Villa Romana for lunch. Then visited this church which is baroque and so not very ornate. The interior does have interesting blue and white motifs. Worth seeing if you have time.Written 8 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A small and interesting museum , dedicated to sulfur mining .It retains the tools used by miners and a splendid collection of minerals.Written 28 December 2019
- The tour takes you to churches that were the pilgrim bases for three orders of Knights in medieval Piazza Amerina. The tour takes over 2 hours. The guides have a depth of knowledge and insight that makes the history of Piazza Amerina come to life. Don't miss this!!Written 22 April 2015
- Excellent signage and interesting choices of paintings, images, etc. The rooms are cheerful and businesslike. We were happy to find it open when other sites were closed.Written 5 February 2019
- The municipal library - a must see in Piazza Armerina ! In the antiquarium room ( attached to the library), there is a collection of swords( one Norman sword ) statuettes , pottery, rifles from the First World War ,an icon representing the Madonna of Itria, two early Christian epigraphs , some old typewriters and a lot of ancient books .In short, a heterogeneous but interesting collection .
There is no entrance fee .Written 28 December 2019
- This is the beautiful city of Piazza Armerina, in the middle of Sicily, Palazzo Trigona della Floresta in enchanting.Written 1 November 2019
- This is one of the churches you should always find open in Piazza Armerina. If you enter for a visit, ask to see the cloister, it is accessible via a small room and it's very nice.Written 11 January 2020
- The downtown of Piazza Armerina is magic, enriched of history and art. There are many churches, these are so lovely.Written 1 November 2019
- It's a wonderful little church with stunning frescoes inside, realised by the Dutch (Flemish) G Borremans. You may find it closed as it doesn't normally stay open outside of services but if you're lucky enough to get in (there are group visits organised) it is well worth your time.Written 11 January 2020
- As I said in the title we parked next to this statue so we stopped and looked at it. It’s a WWl statue and I do believe statues from any wars should be looked at so to honor the men and women who were in them.Written 1 November 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Piazza Armerina
- The best day trips from Piazza Armerina according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Agrigento Valley of the Temples and Villa Romana del Casale Tour from Palermo
- Valley of the Temples and Villa Romana del Casale Day Trip from Taormina
- Agrigento and Piazza Armerina day tour
- Villa Romana Del Casale in Piazza Armerina and Valley Of Temples in Agrigento
- Private Full-Day Tour of Agrigento and Piazza Armerina
- The most popular things to do in Piazza Armerina with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Piazza Armerina on Tripadvisor
Piazza Armerina Attractions Information
|Monday, 9:38 pm|