- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- Its amazing place for traveler visiting to rishikesh. Its one of the famous tourist attraction for spiritual holiday.Written 22 September 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This place was, is and always remain as the main attraction of Rishikesh. A must visit site for every tourists or pilgrimage. Getting a room here is however very difficult, rooms are mostly free. We were anyway not interested to stay in free rooms. The khadi store outside Gita Bhavan was not that attractive.Written 27 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I have just returned from an 8 day Refreshing Waterfall Hiking Yoga retreat at the Veda Yogashala in Laxman Jhula, Rishikesh, and it has been an amazing experience! The yoga teaching, the wholesome food, the daily outings, and mostly the warmth and care of the Veda Yogashala team has been exceptional!
The two young teachers, Jay and Deepak, are the best yoga teachers that I have ever been taught by. Their knowledge, skill, expertise, patience and maturity is beyond anything I have experienced and I learned so much in the short period that I attended the Veda Yogashala.
With their guidance, I could stretch to levels that I had not imagined before, and became more confident in my practice. They have an extremely positive attitude, but at the same time, they can discern the individual’s limitations, and help to overcome them. Their expertise becomes apparent in the very first lesson, and they are always very polite and respectful. Thank-you both for the valuable teaching!
Other activities included visiting iconic places, waterfall hiking and river rafting. The lovely Jyothi patiently and skilfully took us around, guiding us to the key places. One of must-visit places is the Beatles Ashram, which shows the dedication of the earlier yogis and their disciples.
During the retreat we had tasty and wholesome food cooked by Kushal, who ensured we had variety for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
I will certainly continue my practice with online sessions. Now I don’t want to learn with anybody else and I will make sure that I visit the Veda Yogashala every year.
I would urge anyone who wants to experience skilful and expert training to visit the Veda Yogashala in Laxman Jhula, Rishikesh.Written 30 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This was the second time we stayed at the UbEr and like the first time we didn't regret it. Great service and very well received by the entire UbEx team.
Many thanks!!Written 18 November 2022
- My experience in Drishti Yoga School has been very positive. From the moment I arrived, I was immediately included in the warm nest of other participants and staff.
The daily schedule at Drishti is certainly doable, as the more physically active classes (e.g. Ashtanga and Vinyasa) are alternated with less physically active classes (e.g. yoga anatomy and philosophy). There is also enough free time (2 hours) every day after lunch to discover Rishikesh, to study or to just relax.
The teachers were all very knowledgeable in their subject and presented their lessons in a very student-friendly manner. The content of the lessons was very interesting and offered a lot more than what is in the printed course. So taking notes is a must!
The vegetarian and vegan Indian food was prepared daily with lots of love. We all got to know many new mouth-watering dishes! The kitchen staff is also certainly open to suggestions for small adjustments if necessary.
Included excursions were enriching, culminating in the sunrise at Kunjapuri Devi Temple.
Staff & management are available daily for all kinds of questions (yoga related, travel advice, tips for eating out, etc.).
I needed a taxi between Delhi and Rishikesh. This will be arranged flawlessly for you!
To date, online payment for the YTT is not so obvious. I advise people to bring the amount (or part of it) in cash from home (and possibly withdraw the rest at an ATM in Rishikesh itself - daily limit of 10,000 INR cash withdrawal in Rishikesh). You can pay the YTT in INR, USD, GBP and EUR, which is very easy.
If you are looking for a yoga school with its heart in the right place: don't hesitate and sign up at Drishti!Written 24 November 2022
- Basic rooms, great location. Best location if unable to stay at the Sivananda ashram.There is a wide variety of rooms at this place. All of them are clean and sparsely furnished with hard cotton pads as mattresses. Prices vary from six hundred to over two thousand rupees per night depending on whether you want private bath , shower , air conditioning , river view. Unfortunately the staff is hard to pin down on prices and room availability. They regularly move people around. They lock the gates in so you cannot get out before 6 AM.. The estimate classes are very popular. I had room 105 which had a Riverview, balcony and a private bath for 650 per Night. AC was not necessary in October. I would not hesitate to stay here again. Virtually all of the guests are Westerners.Written 12 November 2018
- I took flow yoga classes with Lily in Tarifa and it was absolutely great! She's really an amazing yoga teacher and I would recommend her to anyone.Written 19 January 2021
- We had the best day learning how to cook 3 different curries, rice, pakora and chapatis plus chai tea!
They are so knowledgeable and it was really interesting to learn all about spices and how they work together and to help with things like digestive issues.
Obviously we got to it eat and it was amazing! One of the best meals I’ve had in India and there was so much food - we left totally stuffed!Written 11 October 2022
- Jay is managing this place very well. I had the impression that he is quite an honest, reliable, very friendly guy. I did the 7 days ayurveda massage course with Harish. He was very keen on teaching me - he repeated the many movements often, and was eager that I remembered them.Written 16 September 2022
- A place to stop thinking, and realize we are already living. An amazing experience, as it is one you bring with you.Written 24 November 2022
- It was wonderful experience in Ekam Yogashala in Rishikesh. I joined for 200 hours YTT course there and completed successfully. The school ambience and facilities they provided were simple awesome. I thankful to each and every teacher and learnt many things from them and the teaching methodology was super.
They provided 3 meals a day and very delicious.
I strongly recommend this school for YTT course.Written 6 November 2022
- I had a wonderful experience doing my 200hrs YYT at Vinyasa Yoga Ashram in Rishikesh. The course is well structured with asana classes as well as alignment, anatomy, meditation and philosophy. The staff and the teachers are extremely friendly and helpful.
I truly got the most out of this month and I would highly recommend it to everyone!!Written 7 November 2022
- Great place...great variety must visit pashmina world for variety of woolen stuff, perfumes and eyecatcher antique products.Written 10 October 2022
- What an amazing experience!
If you are looking to deepen your understanding of Yoga and not only the asana part, then doing the 200 hour course here is highly recommended.
The teachers have so much knowledge which is parted with you freely, there is vast ocean of information that you can gather.
There's great importance on the other aspects of Yoga, which is amazing, as most of the time the focus is purely on asanas.
The course is intense, early starts and a day full of classes, though there are enough break periods too which allow you to self reflect and rest.
The school takes care of the food and ensures that there is nutrious and plenty food available to ensure that you get the most out of your asana practice.
Rooms are simple, but then again, Yoga is about simplicity, though they are clean and meet the basic needs. WiFi is available pretty much throughout the school, which allows you to keep in touch with the outside world.
I truly believe that the school has some of the best teachers around in Rishikesh.
I found the theory classes really added to my physical asana practices, as anatomy and alignment really went into the details of the postures, especially in order to avoid injury and the instructions you are normally given in asana practice make a lot of sense now.
The course all in all will definitely help anyone that has been practicing and wants to improve their practice and even those that want to start teaching.
Thank you guys for an amazing experience.Written 25 November 2022
- It’s our regular when we r in rishikesh! The deep tissue combination we got is such a reco! Infact ask the guy what he would suggest incase you have an issue like I had a stiff back! It works’ totally!Written 6 November 2022