- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- I have just returned from an 8 day Refreshing Waterfall Hiking Yoga retreat at the Veda Yogashala in Laxman Jhula, Rishikesh, and it has been an amazing experience! The yoga teaching, the wholesome food, the daily outings, and mostly the warmth and care of the Veda Yogashala team has been exceptional!
The two young teachers, Jay and Deepak, are the best yoga teachers that I have ever been taught by. Their knowledge, skill, expertise, patience and maturity is beyond anything I have experienced and I learned so much in the short period that I attended the Veda Yogashala.
With their guidance, I could stretch to levels that I had not imagined before, and became more confident in my practice. They have an extremely positive attitude, but at the same time, they can discern the individual’s limitations, and help to overcome them. Their expertise becomes apparent in the very first lesson, and they are always very polite and respectful. Thank-you both for the valuable teaching!
Other activities included visiting iconic places, waterfall hiking and river rafting. The lovely Jyothi patiently and skilfully took us around, guiding us to the key places. One of must-visit places is the Beatles Ashram, which shows the dedication of the earlier yogis and their disciples.
During the retreat we had tasty and wholesome food cooked by Kushal, who ensured we had variety for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
I will certainly continue my practice with online sessions. Now I don’t want to learn with anybody else and I will make sure that I visit the Veda Yogashala every year.
I would urge anyone who wants to experience skilful and expert training to visit the Veda Yogashala in Laxman Jhula, Rishikesh.Written 30 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My experience in Drishti Yoga School has been very positive. From the moment I arrived, I was immediately included in the warm nest of other participants and staff.
The daily schedule at Drishti is certainly doable, as the more physically active classes (e.g. Ashtanga and Vinyasa) are alternated with less physically active classes (e.g. yoga anatomy and philosophy). There is also enough free time (2 hours) every day after lunch to discover Rishikesh, to study or to just relax.
The teachers were all very knowledgeable in their subject and presented their lessons in a very student-friendly manner. The content of the lessons was very interesting and offered a lot more than what is in the printed course. So taking notes is a must!
The vegetarian and vegan Indian food was prepared daily with lots of love. We all got to know many new mouth-watering dishes! The kitchen staff is also certainly open to suggestions for small adjustments if necessary.
Included excursions were enriching, culminating in the sunrise at Kunjapuri Devi Temple.
Staff & management are available daily for all kinds of questions (yoga related, travel advice, tips for eating out, etc.).
I needed a taxi between Delhi and Rishikesh. This will be arranged flawlessly for you!
To date, online payment for the YTT is not so obvious. I advise people to bring the amount (or part of it) in cash from home (and possibly withdraw the rest at an ATM in Rishikesh itself - daily limit of 10,000 INR cash withdrawal in Rishikesh). You can pay the YTT in INR, USD, GBP and EUR, which is very easy.
If you are looking for a yoga school with its heart in the right place: don't hesitate and sign up at Drishti!Written 24 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I took flow yoga classes with Lily in Tarifa and it was absolutely great! She's really an amazing yoga teacher and I would recommend her to anyone.Written 19 January 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Best Yoga & Meditation Teachers Training & Retreat organizing Ashram in Rishikesh . an Amazing ashram to learn yoga. the classes are will designed and instructed the teachers training course is also very well programmed.Written 31 July 2019
- I did 200 hour YTT with Rishikesh Yogi Ashram in this JUNE 2019 and this was my perfect choice. Though I was pretty confused during school search, you can see a number of yoga schools listed in search engines and become confused which one to join... but contacting Rishikesh Yogi Ashram and getting their prompt reply was how it all started. In the class, I learnt life skills to balance my mind and concentrate on things that are important in my life. Giving away unnecessary conceptions and expectations and living a plain and peaceful life has now been easy. I am very thankful to the cooperative management and qualified instructors who are always available to solve our problems and queries. My next step would be to join 300 hour yoga teacher training with this school.Written 27 July 2019
- The teachings were very authentic and I experienced the true value of having yoga in my life. I have practiced for the past few years and the classes were helping me to go much deeper in my practice and I appreciated how the content was very traditional. Pankaj and Julie made sure we were all comfortable and their classes were a perfect balance. I especially loved the yin class. The location was great with all facilities needed like clean rooms, hygenic food, friendly staff and the best teachers full of knowledge.Written 28 July 2019
- We thoroughly enjoyed Raj as our guide through Rishikesh. He showed us more than we would have seen on our own and gave context that we would not have otherwise known. He took us to many food places which were excellent and with much variety. We definitely recommend taking a tour with him.Written 5 December 2022
- I'm happy that i finished my 200 hour Yoga teacher training in Rishikesh with Awesome Teachers and Good People in Peace YogaWritten 16 May 2022
- Wonderful and complete 200h YTT. All teachers are amazing, the place is very well located, the food was very good... Great experience.Written 6 December 2022
- I did my 500 hours YTT course with Rajesh, it went way beyond my expectations! Everyone is really well looked after, the amount of knowledge you will gain is priceless.
The school itself is really nice with amazing views from the shala. The food is nutritious and delicious.
The course will be intense but I recommend it to absolutely everyone, if you want to become a yoga teacher you will find the best teachers in Rishikesh here. And if you want to take time for yourself and improve your personal practice this is also the place for you.
If I was you I would stop looking and just book your spot, you will learn every aspect of Yoga not just about asanas. This is an in depth and complete course.
I will 100% come back here as soon as I can. I would give it 10 stars if I could.
@hara.yogiWritten 30 April 2022
- You can feel nature all over you, The beauty of the valley and mountains with the flowing Ganga river is really divineWritten 27 July 2022
- Great plece to learn yoga and pranayam , archarya siddhant ji exceptional way of teaching makes anyone learn yoga.Experience the rishi keshi to the fullest , and do get vedic massage it will make you feel bliss. And you will create a new way a life that you never lived before i used to wake up around 4:30 AM which is unbelievable as i used to sleep till 7Written 13 August 2022