Top Attractions in Stowe
What travellers are saying
- Loved the path and all the businesses off of it! There is lots to do along the path and once you get to Stowe there are businesses and restaurants to enjoy!Written 17 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful views, beautiful waterfall and I would imagine it's not terribly slippery when there isn't ice on the trail. With caution, I went up the final climb and saw this beautiful waterfall!Written 26 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Highly recommend the gondola ride to the top! I'm afraid of heights, but it was worth it. (As high as the mountain is, the gondola cars aren't actually all that high off the ground.) On a clear day, it feels like you can see forever. There are quite a few chairs on top where you can sit and enjoy the view as long as you like, and there are bathrooms and a gift shop on top .Written 12 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Fantastic area between Smuggs and Stowe and I can now understand why they close the road in the winter! Beautiful area with many hikes, camping, etc. for the family. Loved the drive so much, especially during fall foliage. Columbus weekend is the perfect time to visit.Written 4 February 2023
- i went for the first time to do cross country skiing, i recomend to book a lesson too if your doing it for the first time. The instructor was very friendly and patient. If im not mistaken, if your not a guest from the hotel you need to pay a day pass( it was not expensive). Everything was beautiful, you go to ur own pace, you enjoy the nature and the mountain views that surrounds the hotel.Written 5 February 2023
- I remember the first time I had the Heady Topper Beer, I knew I had to get here one day! The brewery inside looks awesome in the back, but they do not have a lot of seating inside. The brewery experience for us was mostly outside. They had a small bar setup and some outdoor activities to do, and we just sat out on the lawn for some afternoon beers. The beer is fantastic and world class, as it put NEIPA on the map. They are open for brief operating hours, so go here for the beer and beer alone!Written 4 February 2023
- AWESOME views!!! The drive up & down are a little "white Knuckle", but as long as you take your time you'll do fine! The 'short' hike to the area has planks to walk on, most of the way. Once you get to the top the views are stunning on all sides of ya!! Well worth the price! Would recommend this to everyone!!!Written 25 October 2022
- Grab good boots if you go, oh and some water!! The Falls are so soothing and we enjoyed our time here.Written 30 October 2022
- Fabulous snow! Great terrain! Had a wonderful time! Note: Plan ahead for coffee breaks! Best bet on “the big mountain” (Stowe, proper) is at the summit at the top of the quad. The base lodge on that side isn’t convenient for a mid-day stop.Written 14 December 2022
- Another stunning area in the beautiful state of Vermont!! The hike was fairly easy and beautiful sites along the way! The falls are so peaceful to view and relaxing after the hike!! I would recommend this area to friends!!Written 25 October 2022
- The weather wasn't the best during our trip to Vermont in June, so this place was on our list of "rainy day" activities. We made an appointment for a lesson, and stopped by the day before we left.
Michael showed us the workshop, and went through the process of having us choose our style of paperweight, and the color scheme. Following that, we went over the steps that we'd be taking to make our souvenir, and there was quite a bit to remember. The first priority is safety, so we were assisted for much of the creation, and gained a greater level of appreciation for the art form at the same time. Michael will be direct and to the point once you're "live", because working with glass at that temperature is serious business!
All in all, it was a fun and memorable learning experience, one that we'd repeat when in the area again, and try one of the other style paperweights. If you're looking for something unique to do while in the area, this fits the bill.
Tips for the visit:
- Make sure you have an extra day before you're leaving. The glass needs to finish cooling/hardening overnight. This allowed us to pick up our pieces on our way home. I don't know what the price would be to ship any creations.
- Bring a camera, and have someone who can take photos. This experience works best for a couple, as only one will be working at a time. It's not a large workspace, so it's best for very small groups. It looked like 4 people could be there, with one being taught, and 3 staying out of the way. There are 2 work areas next to each other, so there may be business related creations being done at the same time.
- Because of the nature of the work, it's not an activity for kids (though I think that they can watch the process).
- Definitely check out the pieces in the shop after your lesson. You can see what dedication to the craft can lead to.Written 6 July 2022
- Lots of cider selections with some not too sweet options and reasonable prices. There was live music on the Saturday evening we were there and plenty of game options to borrow for your table. Our server was very nice and he complimented my new arm tattoo so five stars.Written 10 December 2022
- As beautiful in the summer as it is in the winter. We’ve stayed at spruce peak a few times to ski. We were in town for a lacrosse tournament and chose the hotel in the summer. Place is so clean, people are friendly, great food, amenities and service.Written 16 July 2022
- Nice covered bridge with a beautiful area around it to enjoy. Just north of Stowe. It’s easy to find and see a piece of history.Written 10 October 2022
- This was a perfect hike for two seniors in better than average shape, but not wanting anything too arduous.Written 8 January 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Stowe
Stowe Attractions Information
|Local Time||Tuesday, 4:09 am|