Popular things to do
Top Attractions in Memphis
Speciality Museums • History Museums
Admission tickets from ₹919.33
Points of Interest & Landmarks • Historic Walking Areas
Admission tickets from ₹668.60
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- We enjoyed this tour and the very energetic tour guide! It was fascinating to hear the stories and see the paraphernalia and photographs. I gave it 4 instead of 5 because the tour guide glorified Ike Turner. He should be there and should be mentioned but he was very abusive to women so I had a hard time listening to how great he was! Aside from that, great tour.Written 25 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I want to take a road trip to Tennessee for christmas and I made it just in time to Visit the Lorraine Hotel, my god the tour was amazing, and to see that they capture the killer in the museum across the street was epic. So much information in one place,Written 24 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The VIP tour of Graceland was amazing, due in large part to our tour guide John Beach. He is a living, breathing, embodiment of love and respect for the King of Rock and Roll. John made every room of the Presley mansion come to life with memories, anecdotes, and intimate details that made us feel like we were personally sharing a glimpse into the life of the Presley family.
I actually felt sorry for other tour groups that didn't have John Beach. I'm sure they were fine, but John made it better than "fine."
One person asked him,
"How long did it take you to memorize all this stuff about Elvis and Graceland?"
He paused, smiled, and replied, "I didn't have to memorize it."
I knew exactly what he meant. He didn't have to memorize it because he loves it--Elvis and Graceland are a part of him.
If you plan on visiting Graceland, request John Beach as your tour guide (if possible). You will have more than just a tour.Written 31 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Absolutely amazing and informative museum. Really helpful and friendly staff who are obviously passionate about the museum and music (which makes a refreshing change).
Lots of parking!Written 27 January 2023
- I have been blessed to view wildlife in the wild on three continents and two oceans. That is the way if prefer it: in the wild. Nevertheless, I viewed animals at the Memphis Zoo that I will likely never see in wild, like the giant panda (who appeared to be enjoying himself dismantling and devouring bamboo stems). My favorite part of the Zoo, however, was talking to the keepers and catching a bit of their passion for the animals. Two of these opportunities were in scheduled keeper talks, but a third was totally unscripted and unexpected. We were in the aquarium talking about a fish that we have seen in the South Pacific. The keeper overheard us and volunteered information on why that particular fish was in the aquarium instead of another species. He went on to talk about the other fish in the aquarium and how they interact with each other. Then he showed us a fish that we have looked for in the South Pacific but have never seen there. He proved to us that no matter how widely traveled we may be, there are new things to see at the zoo.Written 24 January 2023
- You'll learn lots of interesting history and hear fabulous music here. It was a nice and unexpected surprise.Written 8 January 2023
- We stayed at the Peabody and so glad we did. It is a beautiful hotel with top notch service and the ducks were a treat.Written 11 January 2023
- I'd been told by many that Memphis isnt the safest town and to definitely not be on Beale street after 10pm.
I was on a solo touristing trip, so i took a stroll down Beale during the day and stopped in for a drink and snack in BB Kings.
The street and venues were relatively quiet during the day, but it was a nice 2-3 block walk to window "shop." Kind of the opposite of Broadway st. in Nashville that's hopping, crowded and loud all times day and night.
It's an iconic stop in Memphis so definitely give it a stroll.Written 19 January 2023
- I went during the holidays for their "Starry Nights" drive through lights.
They did an excellent job. You can tune your radio in to the holiday music as you drive through.
They were even smart and about 1/2 way through had a "selfie" stop where you could pull over and park and take selfies with a few of the displays. They sold hot chocolate there too.
Line was a bit long to get in, so give yourself time to get through it.
Looking for a fun holiday activity, this was a good time.Written 19 January 2023
- A great tour aided by an audio description. You could miss so much detail without it so definitely worthwhile. Our Guide was so helpful giving us a first hand experience of what slaves endured. A must doWritten 23 December 2022
- This museum houses an incredible amount of carved jade and should be called the "Jade Museum". Affordable, only $5.00 for seniors. Also houses art by current artists from Israel and an outstanding collection of memories of Holocaust survivors living in the Memphis area.Written 20 September 2022
- This is a great ball park and we had a wonderful time while visiting Memphis. Thursday night offered us $2 beers and $1 hotdogs. The seats purchased were great and cost $10 so it made this a very affordable evening. The stadium is cash free so bring your card and enjoy the game. They team and staff will keep you entertained.Written 29 September 2022
- I went during the holidays when they had their "Holiday Wonders at the Garden" lights display. 2022 they did an Alice in Wonderland theme.
They did a nice job with the displays. There were some interactive exhibits for the kiddos that was fun as well.
Worth a look see if you are a localWritten 17 January 2023
- We often visit historic cemeteries in the cities we visit while on roadtrips so looked into a visit to Elmwood Cemetery in Memphis. And found that they had a special tour event that weekend....their annual Soul of the City tour, and this year it featured Memphis Music! Since it was our first visit to this cemetery, we chose to attend the 5:30 tour so that it was still light out. Run by the cemetery volunteers group, this tour tells the story of selected cemetery residents (based on the theme) told by volunteers taking on the persona of another cemetery resident. The stories were interesting and compelling, and the historical reenactors terrific in their presentations. $20 per person. The tour lasted about an hour. A great way to learn a little Memphis Music history! We will definitely visit the cemetery should we have another opportunity to visit Memphis!Written 2 January 2023
- Great place for a game or a concert. Plenty room, good food. Not really a bad seat in the house! Enjoyed a Grizzly game.Written 9 January 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Memphis
Memphis Attractions Information
|Local Time||Tuesday 9:37 PM|