- Traveller favouritesTours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked according to revenue made by Tripadvisor on those bookings, plus the number of page views by Tripadvisor users, and the quantity and quality of reviews
What travellers are saying
- Niki was responsive, expertly sought my input to the tour itinerary, took feedback, adjusted as we went along. She has worked in wine industry so she manages the info and relationships so well, and such a great engaged with people.
Context: I was due to visit area with local friend who had family emergency, so I quickly found Niki to arrange a day wine tour, but also added a 2nd day as I saw how responsive and helpfully intuitive she was about my preferences. There was no way I was going to optimize 2 days of what wineries to visit out of 800, and figure out designated driver on my own.
Niki has a very unbiased focus of how she will design the tours - but you really have to be honest what experience you want, what wines/flavors you like, any additions you might need (food, other help). My preference was to taste from various AVAs but with preference to small to mid-size wineries. Day 1 went great and based on her seeing how I enjoyed, we made some adjustments to day 2.
Over the days, based on my interests, we visited Anne Amie, JL Kiff, Domaine Roy, Alexana, Anderson Family, and Bells Up, and 1 last-minute wine sip at Anam Cara. All were amazing and no regrets, there were others also as options we discussed at length but this worked great. The Anderson Family was my last-minute suggestion based on recommendation locally and also a good vibe - it worked out and was amazing. Niki helped shuffle this around sometimes while I was in a tasting so it was seamless.
Logistics: she picked me up in van 10-10:30am where I was staying in NE Newberg, arranged 2 12-bottle boxes so I could either ship or take on flight back to Florida, took care of wine so it stayed cool-ish at each stop, took great pics, great prep before we visited to know the winery, vibe and background, provided dining recommendations, dropped me off around 5-5:30 depending on the itinerary. The tours were not rushed - she really arranged so we weren’t wasting time in the car. She even checked airline to confirm the wine boxes would be allowed in cargo.
The value was in ensuring a great efficient experience with no hassles - she kept me informed, checked in but not intrusively. Having arranged my own tours in Sonoma/France before, I can say using her expertise was so much easier, and post-Covid it is so different how to arrange appointments and ensure availability.
If/when I return, I would re-book again as it was such a great experience!Written 19 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Fabulous day in the air and visiting wineries that were off the beaten path but oh, so good:)! Definitely put this on your bucket list. You will be glad you did. Oh, by the way, SUPER HELICOPTER AND PILOT!Written 30 December 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- They spoiled us with several, really unique, wine experiences that only locals get to see. Their knowledge of the area and different vineyards was so informative and helped simplify everything (800 vineries can be overwhelming). Our vehicle was “big red” - a very new, very clean, XL sized SUV. We loved day-one so much, we added another day! Each lasting about 6 hours - seeing 3 or 4 wineries per day (nice, relaxing pace). Both Corey and Natalie were expert-level guides and made custom recommendations to fit our tastes. We are leaving with so many stories and visits we will remember for a lifetime because of their intimate knowledge and connections. It was so worth it to be able to enjoy the tastings and not worry about directions to (most places not well marked), arrange advanced bookings, adhere to timelines, find food, and avoid DUIs. The only way to see Willamette Valley.Written 28 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My wife and I enjoyed a wonderful day with Sherry. She is very knowledgeable regarding the area and the wines. Sherry's selection of wineries to visit was excellent. This tour was the highlight of our vacation. I whole heartedly recommend Sherry and her tour for anyone interested in sampling various wines with a terrific hostess.Written 23 September 2021
- Enjoyed wine tasting on their lovely outdoor patio. It was surprisingly busy on a Monday, so reservations are definitely recommended. Our server was efficient and helpful even though she was very busy with all tables filled. We took our own charcuterie board to accompany the wine tasting - which they allow.Written 6 October 2022
- My wife and I did a tour of area wineries for our 9th anniversary and we could not have been happier with the services offered by Konect Aviation. The pilot was even happy to field my many questions about flying helicopters because I had somehow reverted to being 5 years old and in a state of wonderment about the entire experience.
A few weeks after the winery tour, I took a flight lesson in the R44 with Konect's flight instructor and again, my expectations were exceeded and the rather intimidating flight lesson was made fun & I had a blast.Written 5 October 2017
- I contacted Charlie because I was highly recommended from the prestigious Black walnut inn. He immediately asked me my preference for wine styles and spoke to me in details about what I can except from my tour. He sent me a email and planned my itinerary. The day came for my tour and I have to say he exceeded my expectations!
He spoke in details about the the wines and wineries we were visiting. I was thrilled with his choices and I brought plenty of wines. When I finished my tours, I became a member of two wineries and I’m in the wine industry so I don’t do memberships. I couldn’t help it since these wineries make very little wine and they were amazing!
To top it off Charlie gave us a bag of goodies as we left him that evening.
All I can say is wow!!!
I highly recommend touring with Charlie. You won’t regret it. 😉🍷Written 23 July 2022
- Amanda made our day at the winery’s easy and relaxing. She booked all the tastings, provided lunch and snacks and is a wealth of local information. Plus, she just fun to be around! We will use her services next time we visit Willamette Valley.Written 1 August 2023
- I went for a demo flight and got hooked. They have the best deal for flying helicopters anywhereWritten 9 June 2012
- I recommend this brewery tour to anyone who likes to have fun. Alan is knowledgeable about brewing and is an all around fun guy. We tasted 11 different beers and everyone in our group found a few we really enjoyed. Don’t hesitate, book this excursion.Written 30 April 2019
- Wow! My husband and I traveled to McMinnville for a weekend getaway! Evasion Brewing was the highlight of our trip! The beer surprised us... it was the most flavorful gluten free beers we’ve tried! All beer lovers will enjoy Evasion! Its kinda hard to find... drive to the back of the warehouse (we almost missed it)! Hope they start distributing somewhere in Bend soon (we will keep an eye out)! Purchased some bottles to take home as well!!Written 16 December 2018
- If you’re looking for a custom wine tour showcasing the best experiences, vineyards and wines in the Willamette Valley this is thee only call that you need to make. Austin was fantastic and showed up in a gorgeous Mercedes Sprinter van and took amazing care of us. He captured our special memories and fun moments with a professional camera and sent the photos after the tour to us complimentary. He has an encyclopedic knowledge on wine and can geek out as much or as little as you enjoy while being very hospitable and a pleasure to be around. He is also a huge fan of the Oregon beer scene and is happy to share his knowledge of that as well. We can’t wait to go back!Written 19 September 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about McMinnville
- These are the best hidden gems for tours in McMinnville:See more hidden gem tours in McMinnville on Tripadvisor