- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
13 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- Had a blast here - unfortunately we arrived during massive floods but there was still some great riding - would love to come back when all the tracks were open and dry.
Tip - If the small creek dividing the park is flowing over the bike bridge at the bottom - don't bother with local shuttles - even if they're still running...Written 17 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We were lucky as the storms that been through the area let us walk in peace through. after reading other reviews there were no riders through the tunnel when we were there. There motion lights so you were not totally dark unless you wanted to go back through. I really enjoyed this walk.Written 5 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- There is a small museum with a number of posters explaining the history & use of tin but the main attraction is a very large audio visual presentation of the history of tin mining in the area. There is a charge of about $6, the 20 minute video was surprisingly well done. Especially interesting was the importance of water to mining and also the disaster it brought to the area.Written 29 October 2016This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful old building on the Main Street, although closed when we visited the town. It opened in 1888 and continued banking services until the 1990's. It was apparently a craft and gift shop for some time, I note that it is also advertised as a B & B. Beautiful façade and well maintained.Written 7 May 2022
- Nice building on the Main Street, dating to 1923 and constructed primarily of timber. It was built at a time when Derby was in its heyday with a successful tin mine and large population, and it became the social centre of the town. Nowadays the Derby monthly market is held there on the 3rd Sunday each Month.Written 7 May 2022
- The museum is housed in the former school building that dates to 1897 and showcases many items of the social and mining history of the town. There is a great range of photographs and documents from early settlement. Good selection of artefacts and mining heritage items plus items from both world wars. There are a couple of memorials in the grounds; memorial to George Renison Bell who discovered the first tin mine in NE Tasmania and the Briseis Dam Disaster memorial. The enthusiastic volunteer regaled us with tales of the district. If you intend visiting, check opening as Covid might impact.Written 7 May 2022
- An amazing experience which you will want to do more than once in your life!
Unfortunately the communication is very poor. There is currently no parking at the fire station (where you are told to park). The owner Nigel doesn't bother to let you know of this, so make sure you park in sight of the foot bridge which will lead you to the sauna. Signage is non existent!! I emailed Nigel but he basically couldn't care less. You pay your money up front and that's all he's interested in.
The whole place could also do with a thorough clean. It's not like your host is very busy. He occasionally tops up the fire in the sauna and plays on his phone.
BUT OTHER THAN THAT, ITS A GREAT EXPERIENCE 👍Written 14 December 2022
- Tim and Helen helped with planning our activities, finding us accom, airport transfer as well as buggy shuttles. Super generous with their time. I couldn’t recommend them more highly!
This was my second visit to Derby and we found these guys on our last trip, they were gold and us such were our local helpers for just about everything on our second trip.Written 16 April 2021
- We were a group of three adults and two kids aged 9 and 12. We used Mad MTB for Blue Tier + Atlas, as well as First 13 1.5x plus Atlas. It was outstanding for several reasons:
- The bus was comfortable and clean. Richard is a safe driver.
- Richard was personable, friendly and very knowledgeable not only about the trails, but also was full of great advice for our wives about places to visit whilst we were on the trails.
- It was the only company I could find that offered the first 13 of BoF 1.5 times, so it enables you to get the best part of the BoF ride twice.
- Richard was patient and gives very detailed trail briefs before you set out.
I have used another company in the past but found Mad MTB to be superior and I would definitely recommend. Thanks Richard for an awesome couple of days.Written 4 January 2023
- To say I was nervous is an understatement. My husband booked this for our anniversary, and although I had never really mountain biked before I was reassured I would be okay.
Well the experience was absolutely amazing. The Pods are stunning, the accommodation as a whole is just WOW and the food is plentiful and so tasty.
The staff are caring, kind, considerate, passionate and so patient.
Both Brendan and Dani are saints. My husband was as good a rider as I was bad, but that didn't matter. Brendan in particular was very patient and calm and explained techniques so clearly that I eventually improved.
We met some great people and the experience on the whole was exhilarating. I loved it, even if it did take me way out of my comfort zone.Written 21 February 2022
- We showed up a family of four, no booking at 9am. From the phone staff then shop staff super helpful. Accurate description of the ride to come (Blue Tier to Bay of Fires)
Next day one of us rode Derby with same crew. Excellent advice on the tracks to ride that fitted my style.
Highly recommendedWritten 21 November 2022
- Very helpful. Good quality MTBs for hire, If there were any issues with the bike, they would fix straight away and really friendly staff.Written 14 January 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Derby
- The most popular things to do in Derby with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Derby on Tripadvisor
Derby Attractions Information
|Local Time||Thursday 12:21 AM|