What travellers are saying
- A very high thank you to the gentleman who showed my daughter and myself around the Claymills Pumping Station on the 10.08.23.
My father worked as a Claymills railwayman signal man it was a privilege to see the building and engineering works.
I look forward to joining your membership and look forward to visiting again soon.Written 11 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Excellent experience today, David was so bird educated and taught me a thing or two about owls I never know.
Really did enjoy ourselves and would recommend 100%
Thank youWritten 27 May 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Good menu with plenty of choices to suit most appetites. Friendly service with all food cooked to orderWritten 18 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A great place to go to for the whole family for an icream, lunch, walk, dinner, live show. Great for children who can feed the ducks and swansWritten 25 September 2023
- The gardens are fantastic and the "washlands" of the river Trent go on for miles and right next to Burton town centre.Written 21 September 2023
- We love this farm however our last visit was a little tainted.
We noticed this time there was a couple of people walking around with dogs on leads, no problem with this however when we walked around the path to see the animals outside, our children ran over to play in the triangular play shed and was looking at the book book when we spotted dog poo that someone hadn’t picked up and that the children nearly stepped in. I’m not sure how you can control dog owners being responsible enough to pick up their dogs poo however maybe not let dogs in as some children are also scared of them. We informed a staff member and they picked it up which isn’t their responsibility. The other things was that the cafe was very expensive, we ordered a cream tea and was asked at the till what kind of tea we wanted, we told the lady serving and proceeded to the table. The cakes and drinks came apart from the pot of tea, we then asked where it was and one of the waitresses brought it over with a receipt, we told her that it was what had already been ordered and paid for and that we hadn’t received it first time round. She said ok no problem. On leaving the cafe we was followed outside by a staff member and asked if we was going to pay for the pot of tea, we explained what had happened and that we had already paid. It was so embarrassing especially in front of other people entering and around the entrance to the cafe! The pot of tea that we supposedly didn’t pay for cost £2.20 or £2.50. The other thing in the cafe is that as soon as you take your last bite of food there is someone at your table clearing it away.
Other than the few things above the farm
Is lovely, the animal feed is a good price and everywhere is very clean. The animals are all so well looked after and their pens are so clean. All the animals are friendly and easy for little ones to see and pet if they can. The petting area is lovely and the lady working in there helping children to handle the rabbits and Guinea pigs is so lovely and informative too when the children ask a question. The outdoor play area is lovely and clean too, there was only one tractor working when we was there but that was fine, at least one was as we had pre brought tractor tokens.Written 2 September 2023
- Our first visit after years of passing by, a very well maintained and clean quiet walk.
Plenty of places for sitting, fishing and picnics.
A good quiet walkWritten 23 July 2023
- Great hospitality, well looked after. The staff were pleasant and facilities great. Obviously heavily England themedWritten 2 January 2023
- Been many a time, and always a great beer - sundowner and imperial being stand outs. Fab prices too.... And they allow you to have your fish and chips in from the local chippy, and if you ask nicely will normally supply you with plates and cutlery too! Only open on a Friday night or for events ... Strong recommend!Written 1 August 2023
- I visit this gallery when I am in the area. It is charming, full of amazing artists and a peaceful atmosphere. One of my favorite art galleries in the Midlands at Barton Marina England, Gallery 3. It is where they have had a nice collection of Mr Brainwash who was in the Bansky documentary and another fantastic street artist Yuvi. Other wonderful artists like Simon Kenny, Stephen Graham, Keith Proctor, Fabian Perez and Emilija Pasagic have had their art represented there. Staff like Meghan, who is the kind, accommodating and knowledgeable, make this an extra special place and visit!Written 15 April 2023
- Absolutely fantastic place, and great value for money. We even get a free return ticket BARGIN! staff are friendly and there is plenty to do...definitely recommend spending the full day there. I could not recommend this place enough.Written 25 August 2023
- Recently visited the Pirelli Stadium as an away supporter. The football was mediocre but entry and exit was a breeze and the facilities were good. My other half enjoyed some faggots with mushy peas before kick off.Written 1 November 2019
- Visited on a Misty November day, well kitted out for a walk around the crater and down to the Tutbury road.
Moving experience- of an often forgotten event. We will return.
1 Topsoil is clay so proper walking boots necessary- and slippy paths.
2 East Staffordshire walk details say park at the Cock inn- but their signs say for customers only- we did park there.
3 Rest of village attractive with great views- area around church is beautiful.Written 2 December 2020
- There are a good choice of the major retailers stores and it is clean with plenty of seating if you need to rest also all the buses stop outside the front.Written 24 August 2022
- Went to see “the equalizer” on the big screen which was great. The seating is very comfortable and the atmosphere is very calming despite the film we were watching.🤣 We used the film and meal offer, as always, enjoying a lovely meal straight after. Excellent service and friendly faces.Written 22 September 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Burton upon Trent
Burton upon Trent Attractions Information