Top Attractions in Kodagu (Coorg)
What travellers are saying
- It was a great informative visit at Mercara coffee plantation. During the plantation tour, Mr Ravi gave a detailed explanation on different types of coffee plants as well as spices plants. Whenever you visit Medikere, ensure to visit Mercara coffee plantation.Written 1 January 2023
- View is excellent. And worth all the efforts to reach there. Reaching here is a task but you can get base of Mandalpatti with bike from there rent a Jeep for 500 per person.Written 27 December 2022
- Perhaps the falls are more majestic during monsoons or right after monsoons. When we visited in early November, it was having moderate flow. One needs to walk nearly 20 minutes and then climb down stairs to reach the falls. Easy while going to the falls as it is downhill all the way. But equally painful on the way back! Somehow, the waterfall itself was a bit underwhelming after the effort involved to reach it. Also, right at the bottom, near the waterfall viewing point, it is extremely crowded as the area is very small and there are way more people. One cannot stay for more than 10 minutes in such crowd. The bridge to get the best view of the waterfall was damaged and closed off with no signs of getting repairedWritten 20 January 2023
- Its essentially a sunset point where you should reach at least 20 minutes prior to the sunset. If you enjoy the view of the mountains this is the place for you. Amazing view on three sides. Its a bliss watching the sun go down the hills.Written 14 January 2023
- On banks of river Cauvery/ Kaveri. A very crowded spot. The attraction is watching the elephants bathe in the river. We were not able to view this ( maybe the bathing did not take place or finished at a different time ). There is boating and river rafting as well at this spot. There are specific timings when you can watch the elephants bathe. Afternoon, 3 pm or 330 pm to 530pm. And in morning 830 or 9 to 11am. Must check these timings before visit. It is during these hours that the crowds pick up. You have to cross the river in a boat to go to the other river bank. The ticket includes the to and fro boat ride. Queues form at the start of time to cross over for seeing the elephants. At the other end are enclosures of the elephants. You see them from very near. We were lucky to be able to touch one and take photos. The sad part being, they are chained. These elephants are taken to Mysore for the dussehra festival celebration. During the day the elephants roam the forests. Though also chained. In morning time and evening time they are brought to this camp for cleaning and feeding etc. We came to know that there were times when visitors could also feed the elephants and go very near them. But because of an accident, this has discontinued.Written 31 October 2022
- This temple is at walkable distance from ksrtc busstand.This is very peaceful temple and there is a water tank at the entrance of the templeWritten 24 December 2021
- Very nice place to visit here to joy the mesmerizing snow 🌨️ water which comes from fals Beautiful nature I strongly recommend this place to visit more people to this place with family.Written 15 August 2022
- Said to be the orgin of River Kaveri, though near by nowhere the river is found flowing.
A temple made around the natural spring which is getting collected in a lond.
The over flow from this to left bind ,through madid mouth.
Pilgrims are seen throwing coins to this pool.
Located around 50 km from madikere.
Cars need an entry fee of rs 30 at bhagamandala.Written 27 December 2022
- This waterfall in inside the brahmagiri wildlife sanctuary and we need to pay the entry fee of 50rs to visit.There is no direct bus transport to reach this place.We need to get down at a place called srimangala and from there we can hire an auto for 340 rs to and from.They will wait for an half an hour.We need to walk for 1km inside the sanctuary to reach this fall.This is a very beautiful and peaceful waterfall and crowd is little less.There is a temple of Lord shiva(Ramalingeswara) near to the entry gateWritten 24 December 2021
- If you thought you'd see a spring-like action at the source of the Cauvery river, you are in for a disappointment. It is said that the spring-like action is only visible once a year; at all other times, what you will see is a small man-made pond with a priest in front.Written 18 December 2022
- Beautiful to watch & well maintained. you can interact with the monks staying in the monastery & have quick bites in the cafés inside .Written 13 January 2023
- loved the view the surrounding full of Green Nature... Life away from Busy city life ... beautiful river you see crossing most of the KarnatakaWritten 30 August 2019
- Have to take local jeeps, even though expensive, to avoid messing ones own vehicle due crass roads and steep uphill drives. This is a viewpoint with a very little trek, carrying camera was worth it. A nominal 25/- was collected by the State Govt, maybe for upkeep charges. Sunrise and Sunset are the best times to visit this place. This place is best avoided during sunny/ hot weather. Also advisable not to litter.Written 6 January 2021
- This is mainly a reserve converted into a family/kids parks. The park offers a variety of activities such as paddle boating, zipline, bird feeding zone, deer park etc.
We visited the park during the afternoon and we were unable to see any deer's, maybe due to the heat.
I would suggest to visit the park if you have kids as they would enjoy this place thoroughly as they would find plenty of things to do.
The park is attached to a large market place selling local products, clothes and food!Written 26 February 2022
- @ Thirunelli, there is no holidays. Friday and monday is allowed. Leeches are everywhere. Be carefulWritten 29 September 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Kodagu (Coorg)
- The best day trips from Kodagu (Coorg) according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Day Trip to Coorg (Guided Sightseeing Tour by Car from Mysore)
- Private Custom Tour: Coorg Sightseeing with Guide in an air-conditioned vehicle
- Day Trip to Tala Kaveri (Guided Fullday Sightseeing Tour by Car from Madikeri)
Kodagu (Coorg) Attractions Information
|Local Time||Saturday 8:58 AM|