Religious Sites • Monuments & Statues
Top Attractions in Hassan
What travellers are saying
- Me and my husband 73 and 74 years old had visited this place.there are around 680 steps to reach the top.no shoes allow .The temple is a Jain temple.Monolithic statue of Bahubali known as Gomateshwara.mesmerising view from the top.worth seeing.Written 14 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The workmanship of 11th/12th Century is to be seen to believe. The craftsmanship of pillars, each different from other is to be seen. The ornaments on every statue is disticnt.Written 16 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is one such absolutely interesting and abandoned church, called the Rosary Church. It's also termed as 'The Submerged Church’ and ‘The Floating Church’.The area around the church got deserted after the construction of the Hemavati Dam later, the church too was forgotten.
The church remains submerged in water in monsoon.
You don't require much time here in monsoon but the view from the banks and bridge are mesmerizing
Carry your food and drink waterWritten 10 November 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The entrance of Chandragiri hill is approx 300 mtrs away from entrance of Vindhyagiri hill where Gomateshwar huge sculpture is located. Chandragiri has relatively lesser steps to climb, may b 250. One has to climb bare footed (socks r allowed). You can deposit footware at entrance @Rs. 5/-. There are a lot of Jain temples, most of which are Tirthankars with old styled architecture. A statue of Bharata (brother of bahubali gomateshwar) is also located here. A must visit after VindhyagiriWritten 15 August 2022
- Temple was another architecture wonder at its own level. Ofcourse you can't compare it with Belur or halebeedu. The priest comes to the temple after seeing visitors for doing pooja as he stays in opposite house. Overall had very nice dharshan of the lord. Parking will be a problem on crowded days.Written 1 January 2020
- The Lakshmi Devi temple is an early 12th-century Hindu temples complex located in Doddagaddavalli village in Hassan District, Karnataka India.
The temple consists of four-shrines that share a common mandapa, each sanctum aligned to a cardinal direction. The eastern shrine has Goddess Lakshmi, the northern shrine is dedicated to Kali-Durga, the western to Shiva, and the southern is empty and likely Vishnu. The complex has a separate Bhairava shrine to the northeast of the main temple, and four small shrines at the corners inside a nearly square prakara. All nine temples are notable for its pyramidal north Indian style Nagara shikhara.Written 11 September 2022
- Beautiful n calm temple. This temple is located in a remote village and if u r lucky u may come across the local guide who will explain u every sculpture n the puranas associated with them... this being a place of historic importance better to study a little.b4 u go there so rhat u don't get surprised at noone present to explain u... many Sculptures r eroded but it draws u to them at the sheer details... all the panels of the temple wall is covered with Sculptures...Written 25 August 2022
- Opens only once a year for around 15 days during deepawali.
It is the main deity of city of Hassan. Expect very long queues for darshan.Written 24 April 2020
- Gorur dam is constructed on the river Hemavathy. If you love water and want to soothe your eyes with a beautiful view then do visit this place.Written 12 February 2018
- Amazing place,Unique place we can see both yoga and boga narashima Swamy. temple is located at Hassan district.Written 7 December 2019
- This chandramouleshwara temple of Arsikere is just little different from that of dharwad,Hubblli.
Amazing piece of art,its perfectly sculptured.
Dont know why not so popular among tourists attractions.
Pillars,dome,ceilings everything is in perfect condition except the face of idols.
Can offer prayer to lord Shiva whose idol is in main sanctorum.
At walkable distance from Arsikere junction or hire an auto taxi.
Zero ticket charge.Written 11 December 2019
- There is a long walk to reach a big park. You can come here with your family, or friends, and enjoy the scenery.Written 14 January 2019
- As we had time before climbing Indragiri hill, we went to have a darshan of swamiji, it was crowded as usual, but very disciplined. It is very near to the hill. Mid day meals are offered to all devotees. This is one of the important place for all Jain followers were all majority of decision are made.Written 26 February 2018
- It is a good park for picnic or chat with friends or family. Especially with kids. It is a good open space and maintained wellWritten 14 July 2018
- interiors are good but the access to the temple is dirty.it is a part of belur temple complex. Crowded during weekendsWritten 28 September 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Hassan
- The best outdoor activities in Hassan according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Hassan on Tripadvisor