- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
21 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- We wish we had more time in Bowen as we didn't realise how beautiful it was. If you are staying in Bowen, even overnight, make sure you stay at one of the resorts on the beach.
This bay is beautiful with crystal clear waters and the temp is perfect.Written 16 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The track/path up is quite steep but the steps are good and it’s well worth the effort to reach the top.Written 2 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great family business. Friendly owner. Need to bring cash or use ATM in foyer. Art Deco styling brings back memories.Written 14 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I don't know why but I was actually surprised by just how BIG the big mango is. Worth the stop for a photo op and visit to the tourist info centreWritten 16 October 2022
- Great spot to soak up the sun and to have a quick dip. There are a few rocks around and if possible go when the tide is higher. Plenty of parking.Written 2 October 2021
- We normally start the walk up from the Rose bay side, it's a fairly easy walk which should take about 69 minutes round tripWritten 9 May 2019
- This water park is located on the waterfront of the town.
It is a great spot for the kids to safely play and get very wet, which is what it is all about.Written 31 August 2020
- Nice collections of aboriginal artifacts, shells, minerals and memorabilia. We were given a lovely tour of the historic house which but me back in time.Written 9 August 2022
- It was quiet when we went but a nice beach- good for kids and good for a stroll....foreshore has a nice grassed area - good for a bbqWritten 9 January 2021
- Great views and fantastic cafe. Binoculars $2 to look out over the islands,
Cafe is Vietnamese and food and service was great.
Plenty of parking would be great for sunrise and sunset.Written 16 November 2022
- Beautiful underrated Bowen. Stunning murals showing history of Bowen. Wide streets with easy parking and easy walk to see these murals. Water tower murals a must short drive on top of hill.Written 29 July 2022
- Felt like we were in Greece.... Beautiful landscape with pristine clear blue water and great beaches...Written 1 September 2020
- Not many other places I'd rather be now! To me this is the best place in Bowen area...relaxing, beautiful scenery, amazing weather and great fishing.Written 13 October 2016
- Well what a fabulous shop!!!
Had a great fun experience today, the staff were super friendly and helpful. Bought some new dresses and accessories. They have a large variety of wares (ladies clothes, men's clothes, shoes, accessories, nic nacs) the list is endless.
Highly recommend a browse if you're in the area.Written 26 August 2021
- Really worth the trek up the hill, however it’s hard to see the murals properly from close up. There is no real parking area and you don’t seem to be able to get around the water tank properly.Written 2 June 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Bowen