- Traveller favouritesTours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked according to revenue made by Tripadvisor on those bookings, plus the number of page views by Tripadvisor users, and the quantity and quality of reviews
7 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- A beautiful and fun sail! My husband and I sat in the cockpit area which afforded us direct access to the Captain. He was a wealth of information and very patient with my millions of questions. I feel like this was the best seat in the house because of the extra information we got out of the experience. Lakewood Vineyards was on board during our sail. Good selections of Finger Lakes wines (don't expect reds). They also had different beers, wines and their own rum for purchase after the wine tasting. Watch out - that rum is stroooong! My one criticism would be that I'd like to go further up the lake to see more of the populated shoreline. I understand that this is very wind dependent. We had a breezy night, but weren't moving too fast.Written 12 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Nice family activity. Great staying on the lower deck during hot summer day in AC
No shade on upper level. Unfortunately, they have retired their vintage vessel.
Still quiet interesting and we loved crew’s commentary 😊Written 3 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The guides were friendly and knowledgeable. We saw a bald eagle and a peregrine falcon. The falls were beautiful! This is the best way to see the lake.Written 10 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We booked two separate activities with Summit to Stream, kayaking on Seneca Lake in Watkins Glen and fly fishing by the Ithaca Falls. Both were excellent. One afternoon, we went on a 2 hour Canal Paddle tour with our guide Peyton. He was very friendly, enthusiastic, and informative. We saw cormorants, turtles, and got lots of shots of a blue heron that was feeding. Peyton took photos of us and the wildlife and shared them with us at the end of the trip. Another morning, we were lucky to go fly fishing for 3 hours with Mark at Ithaca Falls. Mark was very flexible regarding scheduling a time and place and the location couldn't have been more convenient. He has been fly fishing for a long time and taught our novice family of fly fishermen several casts and techniques. He clearly has a passion for fishing and the outdoors and it shows in the way he runs his business with a focus on customer service. Our younger daughter caught a fish within the first 5 minutes and was super excited. Overall, a great morning with a terrific guide. Both activities are highly recommended. We'll be back.Written 26 July 2021
- This is the kind of trip that suits visitors of all ages,and takes around 45 minutes or so.
The Stroller IV is a beautiful and well-cared for vessel that I liked a lot. The captain of the boat delivered a nicely laconic guide to the area, helped by his younger assistant.
Certainly worth doing if you're in Watkins Glen.Written 3 September 2018
- My husband and I've thoroughly enjoyed the Schooner. It was the 1st time we were ever on a sailboat, such a beautiful peaceful smooth ride especially when they turned off the motor. The crew was so nice and so personable we enjoy talking with them along with other fellow passengers. This Is definitely worth the ride.Written 31 July 2019
- Stacy was fantastic! Ready to make recommendations but also gave us the flexibility to choose where we wanted to go as well. She has been a resident for many years and has worked at a few wineries so she knows where to go and what to do. Highly recommend for anyone who wants to do the wineries right, which means you don't drive yourselves!!Written 3 August 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Watkins Glen
- These are the best places for groups seeking tours in Watkins Glen:See more tours for groups in Watkins Glen on Tripadvisor