- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
21 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- Beautiful amazing white sandbank in the middle of beautiful blue clear waters.
Nakupenda is etremely georgeous.it was only 10 mins boat ride from tembo hotel.
All guides here cook delicious sea food lunch which you are served with chips.
You can organise a private tour with the star tours guys babli +255756983368
It was well organised and really appreciate .Written 27 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Prison Island is arguably one of the best tortoise sanctuaries in Zanzibar. The island houses numerous tortoises that carry with them a rich history. I was excited by the chance to interact with them though I was a bit concerned about their care. The place is beautiful and gives you value for your money. Nevertheless, ensure you get a professional guide that understands the ins and outs of Zanzibar. I would recommend my guide Eric of Startours. Eric (+255756983368).Written 10 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Really great tour with pro guide, you can see a lot of plants and our guide was nice and informative. If you stay in Zanzibar, it’s a must. Special praise to the guys Salim and Bosco. Highly recommended.Written 3 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A small oasis of tranquility and shade that is worth visiting after visiting the Old Fort.
Small park located between the fort and the sea, which has a small kiosk.
It is part of the Old Town promenade, where there are rows of old cannons and from where you can have good views of some coastal islands.
Recommended.Written 3 September 2022
- The exterior of the fort is in good condition. There is not much left on the interior. There are a lot of souvenir stands in the fort. There are also some artists' studios as well. Please note that the artists' do not like their pictures taken. The merchandise is really no different from other stores in town.Written 24 July 2021
- Shabuta spice firm is the best choise if you want to make a spice tour. It has many species of plantation. There is forest of big trees. Flower gardens, all spice plantation are found there. All kind of fruits are produce there.Written 23 August 2022
- Abdull’s tours are so well done and priced that it makes for an easy decision. Coming from South Africa with western expectations it was so easy to follow his plans for us. Everything was organised so professionally and efficiently. Abdull has a great personality too which makes your time even more enjoyable. We did the Jozani Forest tour and Mtende beach with him and can’t fault it in any way. I want to go back 😇Written 27 September 2022
- The best tour guide to book your trip safely and without worry
From the first contact to the end of the trip everything was easy, on time, and very well organized.
We booked a day trip safari to Mikumi National Park and had an amazing time. We even book airport transfers for our way in and back. It's safe, reliable and much cheaper that with the hotels, definitely recommend.
Thank you again !!!Written 11 September 2022
- We took a 20 day trip with our Belgian family of 2 adults and 2 children of 11 and 13 years old. Amo Zanzibar (represented by Noreen) arranged our whole trip, not only for a lesser price than western companies, but also filled with plenty of variety and opportunities to get to know local people and local lifestyle. We didn't have to worry about anything, both the practical organisation with exceptional guide Loma, as well as the program they proposed were flawless and lived up to all our expectations. We can say nothing more than that you absolutely must hire this agency when you want to visit Tanzania (and/or Zanzibar).Written 7 September 2022
- Rama drove us around the island for transport en a tour to Jozani forest. He's on time, drives good en is nice to have around.Written 23 February 2022
- Clear blue waters, soft fluffy sand, friendly people, and good food are just a few words to describe my days here. This place is perfect for the seafood lover and lover of fresh fruit.
I snorkeled for the first time in the ocean and it was AMAZING! My host jumped in the water and waited on standby as a lifeguard in case any of us were too afraid to enjoy the experience. This was just after he swam to another boat to make sure there were enough life vests for everyone to feel safe.
I traveled in a group with about 17 people and our host made sure to accommodate all of our needs whether we were shopping in Stone Town, getting braids by the locals, or picking up lost luggage from the airport after a full day of activities. Our host was always prepared to offer us 5 star treatment with a welcoming smile.
If you’re looking for a beautiful beach getaway…look no further. Zanzibar is waiting for you…and so is Charles, the best host around! An African experience you never thought you needed!Written 17 August 2022
- 10/10 service! I highly recommend issam tours and will definitely use them again for future zanzibar holidays. They are very friendly,helpful and fun guides!wish I had more time on this tripWritten 18 September 2022
- Such a wonderful time with Colors of Zanzibar, especially because of Aziza. She took us to all the yummy and interesting places to eat in Stone Town and we loved it. She was warm and funny. We ended up doing all 3 of our Stone Town Tour with her and we had the best time with her. Thank youWritten 14 September 2022
- We visited The Hill Kidichi Spice Farm on the recommendation of Kay Cee, a young taxi driver.
We were captivated for about 2 hours by our guide who shared stories of what the spices were used for locally, how they were propagated, and reaped. We tasted green pepper corns straight from the vine and star fruit off the tree; coloured our lips with dye from a seed; saw massive jack fruit on the tree, and smelled curry leaves and langi langi flowers. Our tour finished with a fresh fruit tasting which was simply delicious. Sweet and juicy pineapple, fresh coconut water and flesh, green bananas, and did I mention the pineapple?
We were able to negotiate prices to buy spices and soaps. A wonderful way to spend the morning.Written 26 August 2022
- Excellent! Used them a while ago and always meant to write a review and never had the time, but I always remember how excellent of a job Maturaf did! Highly recommend!!!!Written 11 September 2021