What travellers are saying
- This was an experience to remember! Extremely beautiful beach, quiet and lovely space. Clean and clear water, mind-blowing landscape and delicious food!Written 28 June 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Nice. Also the square is nice and very pupoular for locals. Good starting point for a walk in Tarrafal.Written 27 April 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Excellent dive operation! I visited with 3 friends who snorkeled while I did my dives. I did two dives on the reefs situated just behind the Dive Center. Both were great! The visibility was a little cloudy on the first, but I was still able to see plenty of eels and other sea life. On the second dive, the visibility cleaned up a bit. We traveled south through some interesting pillars and formations. We saw a sea snake, many eels, puffer fish, a sea horse, among other sights.
Due to my delayed luggage, I had to rent all my kit. All of the rental gear was in good shape. The BCDs were newer Mares, and the regs were in great shape. I used a relatively thin full wetsuit (2/3 mil) and it was plenty for me. The air tanks were steel.
The have a fresh water shower and food is available. Costs were very reasonable. I believe my two dives and all rental gear came to just under $110 USD / 1100 Cabo Verde. Snorkeling was just $10. My dive guide was fantastic -- she had eagle eyes for even the smallest and most camouflaged sea life. I also very impressed with their commitment to safety.
Great operation and I really look forward to my next visit.Written 6 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This was our second time in Cabo Verde. And it was different. Even more colorful. More active. And extremely well organized by Soul Tours.
In 13 days we visited three islands (Santiago, Fogo and Brava), made three guided hikes and eat plenty of local fish as the main dish in the evenings; so that in the end we asked for spaghetti.
The formula applied by Soul Tours fitted our travel style. The trip planning for us as a couple left enough room to add our own hikes and to go to restaurants mentioned in the travel plan or not to follow recommendations.
Ana, our contact person and all the guides and drivers were very friendly and highly competent. One of us sure will remember Elias, the guide leading the way to the Pico do Fogo. Thank you, Soul Tours!Written 13 December 2019
- For everybody who travels to Santiago, Cape Verde and wants an of the beaten path excursion....we went hiking with Adilson and hé showen us the beautiful valley of Lagoa and Achada....nice lunch at a real farm house in the valley.....a must do..Written 17 April 2018
- I went hiking in the national park serramalagurta and it was,absoloutely amazing! It was the perfect day! Thenational park is veeeery beautiful, ady knows everything: about all the islands, history about the islands, about the people living there,about all the plants! He's very good prepared and knows the way perfectly! It was the perfect day! I was also very happy to see hpw ady hwlps the people / the kids living putside the cit,irs! He brought the kids some pens! This wss adorable!
Important: bring suncream, long trousers(the plants are a little scratchy),water and the will to explore!Written 5 November 2019
- Very good driver and tour guide! Always available to help and with the best prices around! Highly recommended!!!Written 21 January 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Tarrafal
- The best day trips from Tarrafal according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Discover Santiago island in 1 day
- Serra Malagueta Natural Park Hike & Relaxing Swim at Tarrafal Beach
- Santiago Island Experience
- Best of Santiago Island: Cidade Velha, Workshop & Tarrafal Beach Tour
- Private Tour in Praia, Cape Verde
Tarrafal Attractions Information
|Monday, 10:37 pm|