What travellers are saying
- Some excellent gorge/waterfall experiences to be had on the upper part of the gorge trail between the upper lot and Lucifer Falls... some of the best photo ops of the entire region. But it's a long park, and the rest of the gorge trail is simply not photo worthy, not actually near the gorge and steep.
Much better IMO to park in the upper parking lot and only do the top part of the Gorge trail down to the Lucifer Falls (at most, the bridge connecting to the Rim trail), then turn around and come back to the upper parking lot. It’s the prettiest and was a spectacularly designed and constructed trail- almost hard to believe in some spots. Even the official park website map shows the Scenic View binocular icons at the key spot you want to see. The rest of the gorge trail from the bridge to the lower lot is just average but takes a lot more time.
Rim trail from the top lot will give you an idea that its just woodsy. The 90 degree corner of the stone steps as you start the steep step descent to the bridge was an amazing photo op during the October colors, but you can just turn around and go back if you want to save your knees just a bit. Otherwise, loop back up the gorge trail from the bridge connector.
There is another medium sized waterfall on a flat trail from the bottom parking lot. It’s nice to look at it but the trail for the gorge starts at the other side of the parking lot near the bathrooms. Signage is sorta there if you are looking for it, but certainly could be made much more obvious to help first-timers.Written 25 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a huge garden. Make sure to pick up a map at the Visitor Center. How much you can explore depends on your energy and how much time you have. We spent about an hour just wandering in the herb garden and surrounding area. What we saw were very interesting although in October not many flowers are in bloom.Written 23 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a wonderful trail. We started at Treman Triangle and headed upstream on Cascadilla Gorge passing by numerous waterfalls and cascades. The place is very scenic and the natural environment made you feel like you are in a state park in the country rather than in a bustling university campus. This is a must see attraction.Written 23 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Cornell Lab of Ornithology offers you an opportunity to view native birds from the inside - or you can walk on any of the trails outside to view them in their natural habitat. We even saw a turtle laying eggs. Peaceful walk in the woods, accessible to everyone, trail is flat and can also be used by a wheelchair or stroller. I'd love to retun here.Written 12 June 2023
- Very friendly and helpful staff. Great views of the vineyards and a pond; lots of land for wandering or picnicking. They sell snacks, but do not have a kitchen. Open til six most nights; music on some Thursdays. Parking can be tricky when the place is crowded.Written 10 August 2023
- Great place for my two year old grand son to let out some energy. He loved playing with in the dirt, exploring the paths and checking out the little houses. Be prepared this place is where kids are supposed to play and they will definitely get dirty. Had to drag my grandsons out he was having so much fun. I’m sure it’s prettier in the summer when flowers are blooming but it’s still a great place to visit.Written 27 September 2023
- Plenty of parking, extremely friendly staff, concession area, outdoor seating, alcohol beverages available to purchase, exceptional theater with seating in the round, exceptional performance by all with their talent above and beyond expectations! A extremely entertaining theater with all cast members performing above and beyond expectations. Since this was only our second performance attended MANY will be attended in the future. The theater, show, performance etc... was EXCELLENT!Written 7 August 2019