Boat Tours • Sightseeing Tours
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- Captain Rick was a very entertaining and knowledgeable guide on our Anniversary Sunset Cruise. He made our cruise very memorable and fun for my wife and I . We would recommend this experience to all, and will do it again soon.Written 2 August 2022
- Captain Zach and his crew were awesome to fish with all day! They worked hard to help us catch our entire quota (10 lake trout!) and were easy and fun to talk to. They've been fishing Cayuga Lake all their lives, so they really know the lake and how to fish successfully. The bathroom on board is a nice feature, if a bit tight. The boat is clean and well-maintained and the marina was easy to find. Excellent fishing adventure, would go again in a heartbeat!Written 12 September 2022
- I really cannot recommend this tour more highly. The staff was super friendly, and incredibly knowledgeable. We really learned a lot about the lake, it’s history and it’s geology. This is a “must do” while in Ithaca!Written 8 October 2022
- My husband and I were part of a specially booked group, and we absolutely loved our trip. The afternoon was sunny and pleasant, and the narration on board was interesting and engaging. The wind can get a bit chilly. I would recommend this to people wanting to experience Cayuga Luke, One of the beautiful Finger Lakes.Written 15 August 2020
- Where ever we travel , we try to get out on the water! such was the case during our stay in Lake Cayuga in the Finger lakes, region of NY! We contacted FLX sailing charter and alerted them to our plans to visit in July, back in Feb 2019.
When we arrived I sent an email and the next morning Andrew replied and we set a time for our charter! The winds were light but we all enjoyed our time on the water! Andrew provided some great snacks and seltza's and we brought along some Champagne and orange juice for mimosas! Being on the water with my family is my happy place and FLX charter service and Andrew made our day priceless!Written 9 July 2019
- We had a perfect evening on the Spindrift! After the casual dinner and drinks we brought aboard, Captain Scott showed us some sailing basics and let us give it a try. So relaxing - our favorite experience in Ithaca! Highly recommend!Written 17 August 2021
- Wow so good. The staff was very friendly, efficient and helpful. They kept everyone social distanced. Rates were fair. If you are looking for non motorized water equipment, this is the place.
Thank you for an enjoyable day on the water.Written 9 September 2020
- I called to arrange something after going through all sailing places and seeing that this one had an option for sailing lessons that was less expensive than a 4hr private charter. When I explained that I had two kids (ages 13, 11), she suggested a 2hr excursion instead where we could be as involved or not involved as we wanted. Perfect! The nite before the set sail day the weather was still unsure, but she confirmed the sailing and said we'd see the next day. We arrived at the dock and the weather was drizzly but no better for the next day. She gave us the option of canceling but we said let's go! The weather was drizzly, then just overcast and the rain held out till the end. Captain Pamela explained boat safety and as soon as we were on the sailboat, she and her 1 crew member got all of us involved, with my daughter taking the helm immediately. The 4 of us all got to steer, learned boat terms, took in the scenery and had a tour too. We definitely felt this was a highlight of our trip, and 2hrs out on the lake was perfect - and the sun not beating down on us was prob a good thing too. Definitely recommend.Written 18 August 2018
- Rented a Pontoon boat for the afternoon. For $250 plus taxes and gas, you can rent a pontoon boat for 3 hours in the morning or afternoon. My wife and I called to rent a pontoon boat in the afternoon in late June. Very easy to book by calling the boating center. We watched a couple of short videos online on how to operate the boat and boating rules once out on the water. My wife had a great time on the water. We were lucky to have a picture perfect day. We anchored for about an hour and just enjoyed being on the water. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Would highly recommend if in the area. There is a restaurant right next door that has outdoor seating, the Boathouse, that I recommend after your rental.Written 29 June 2020
- My husband and daughter's experience on their recent evening dinner cruise was quite a disappointment. (July 23, 2014). They had expected a wonderful time on a similar cruise several years ago and were expecting a similar experience. I don't know if the cruise company has changed hands over the past years, but again, they were very disappointed. Several things that they commented on was their seating arrangement for dinner. The tables and chairs were plastic dollar-store quality, unlike the stable wooden set from the last time they dined on the lake cruise. The way that the windows are positioned/ opened, they were forced to breathe in exhaust fumes from the diesel engines the entire dinnertime. Similar to the last reviewer- the quality of the overpriced dinner was beyond disappointing. The salad was so wilted and bare, consisting of a fistful of damp, green lettuce and a few tomatoes. The soup was "the only good thing," my daughter reflected, "but it tasted like it was out of a can." The steaks were once cooked, then reheated, with very little flavor; the potatoes tasted like they were eating nothing but butter, and the zucchini was also bland, soggy and obviously microwaved. My daughter and husband went on to explain that the desert was so poorly presented and small, it looked like someone cut out the middle of a packaged muffin and placed it on a plate with a drizzling of Hershey's syrup. The last cruise they were on a few years back was first class. On this experience, they felt as though they were on the "Duck Dynasty" boat ride. We are so very disappointed in the degradation of the food service and will not be returning again, nor would we recommend our family and friends the same experience. The actual cruise around the lake was pleasant, but honestly not worth the money for the dinner cruise.Written 29 July 2014
Frequently Asked Questions about Ithaca
- These are the best places for kid-friendly boat tours & water sports in Ithaca:See more boat tours & water sports for children in Ithaca on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for couples seeking boat tours & water sports in Ithaca:See more boat tours & water sports for couples in Ithaca on Tripadvisor