Top Attractions in Ithaca
What travellers are saying
- This is a very beautiful state park. The trails are well marked and enjoyable. One can either hike up from the bottom and enjoy the scenic stream and gorge or come down and visit Lucifer Falls. If you're short on time go from the top down just past Lucifer Falls. Pretty scenic. Restrooms are in the old mill at the top. Very comparable to Watkins Glen except you don't follow the stream closely. There's a great place to swim at the lower falls with changing rooms and restrooms. Quite popular too.Written 2 December 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful campus with lots to do, there is even a waterfalls running through the middle of campus. A lot of cool restaurants around as well.Written 3 December 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This park is amazing! The falls are beautiful! We went in the morning on a fall weekday and it wasn't crowded. There is a $9 parking fee. We were warned by friends in advance that there were a lot of steps! I got tired of counting at 500 and there were many many many more. We took the Gorge Trail up (steps and steps) and the Rim Trail back (only a few steps but some steep down hill areas). There were some very wet areas which made it slippery. (Have extra dry shoes and socks for when you complete your hike.) I am glad to have had my walking stick with me. Some steps were steep and some high and uneven. Coming down the Rim Trail the walking stick was great to have. The fallen leaves covered the trail so it was difficult to see when the ground was uneven, roots sticking up or loose stones. I would not suggest this hike for those with young children or pets due to the nature of the edges with no railing and all the steps. This was a refreshing, beautiful park which we really enjoyed!Written 21 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Cornell Botanic Gardens are beautiful and well cared for. There is a variety of different plants, and the flowers were colorful and lovely.Written 17 October 2022
- After seeing the falls we went across to the lake. It was very peaceful, but also very windy and cold. A few people were fishing. There’s a nice little marina, lots of areas to picnic, playground and just areas to enjoy. Well maintained as well.Written 8 October 2022
- If the weather is good and you have time, this is the best way to walk between Cornell and downtown Ithaca. Almost continuous waterfalls the whole way. Lots of stairs, so also a good workout going up. A little tricky to find. There are railings along all the steps, but it is not a good idea if it is rainy weather as the steps can get slippery.Written 12 November 2022
- This is THE place to visit for birders. Although connected with Cornell, the facility is a nonprofit organization so not funded by Cornell. It is not on main campus so about a 20-30 minute drive away, kind of off the beaten path so to speak. Much research is done here and is know all over the world. There are films to view, scopes set up for viewing their outdoor area overlooking a pond, exhibits, tours through the facility and exhibits to see. We are birders and were excited to finally be here. Cornell designed the Merlin Birding app and their website, "All About Birds" provides a wealth of information about birds. The staff are friendly and there is a small gift shop. There are trails to walk and just an enjoyable visit for not only bird watchers, but nature lovers as well. We actually visited twice during our stay in Ithaca and hope to return again someday as they also hold birding trips.Written 29 September 2022
- Very easy to walk down to these falls yet they are so large and breathtaking you can’t believe they are right off the road! Highly recommend and good for any age. Footing is a little difficult close to the falls if you have any mobility issues but generally it is easy to navigate.Written 11 October 2022
- So much fun for the kids and the adults. The exhibits are interactive and there are many things I ahevnt seen anywhere else. We had a blast and if we lived closer would get a membershipWritten 27 November 2022
- Absolutely spectacular I love waterfalls and this is the closest I’ve ever been able to get to one in the US. To be able to go and walk along the bottom and go up to the waterfall it is so relaxing.Written 28 October 2022
- This is what I truly call a farmers market…so many different vendors….farm produces….love the ambiance and the people coming together to support local businessesWritten 9 October 2022
- Wanting to visit Ithaca ever since watching 1 of my favorite funny movies, 'Road Trip' 🤣🤣🤣check it out if you haven't seen it. Also wanted to check this winery out and it did NOT disappoint!! It was a very nice personable tasting with a EXTREMELY KNOWLEDGEABLE Frenchmen! I mean I thought I knew a lot coming in but I walked out knowing even more! Frederić has by far been the BEST we have encountered on our trek! We will REVISIT & RECOMMEND this place to ANY & ALL!! There is also a small museum inside with some great history of the winery and its origins. I learned about "off-dry" wine & life is GREAT!! They also ship to my home state, FOR THE WIN!!!Written 29 July 2022
- My kids had an amazing time here seeing all the different sections they were so engaged in every little thing that they did granted this is a small place but it’s definitely a place to visitWritten 28 October 2022
- Beautiful views, good wine couldn’t do a tasting even though there was nobody really doing one, but they said they were booked up.Written 28 October 2022
- Our first time to taproot, it didn't disappoint. Waited an hour plus on a Saturday night, had flight of beer, Root beer and fry flight as we waited. My favorite was Every Day Haze, great IPA. I did try pumpkin. A solid beer. Had pizza and cheddar ale soup. Soup outstanding. Pizza very good. Good stop for family. Just wish they had tv's.Written 2 October 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Ithaca