18 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travellers are saying
- This is an unbelievably big and diverse museum for a small town. The docents were friendly and helpful; pointing out special exhibits for us. There is everything from dolls to antique clothing to military items to geodes. We liked all the rooms set up with antique furniture and period items. There's something for everyone to see. I particularly liked the art quilt by the entrance; my husband enjoyed the old rifles and cars. It's well worth a repeat visit.Written 1 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Bizarre place - massive boulders that you can climb all over and camp in between. Great views and beautiful at sunset (although it clouded over when we were there).Written 3 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My Mother and I took a quick trip over to New Mexico for a few days, and spent a couple of nights in Las Cruces, specifically to visit some of the local wineries. We stopped here to enjoy a tasting, then have dinner; we were not at all disappointed! We each chose the wines we wanted to try, and they brought them to our table in flights; we were able to taste and enjoy at our leisure, which was wonderful! We each chose a couple of bottles we wanted to take along with us, then enjoyed our meal, which was the Pot Roast. This was by far the best pot roast I think I have ever had! We are so glad we stopped here, and will definitely return on our next visit to the area!Written 1 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Did a stopover in Deming. Went here as there is not much in the area. Tasting was good and free. Wines were okay. Woman who served us was friendly.Written 26 April 2023
- Definitely worth a visit! Owner is very friendly and knowledgeable. Great collection of geodes for purchase or just to look at. Would definitely be back again if we come back through.Written 23 January 2022
- I and my sister was there in the late 70's and last trip was in 1983(had to walk in that time). We got permission from the landowner and ventured back in my 1979 GLC. My sister had to get out and guide me a few times around the washouts etc. At that time there were a few more ruins and we would have lunch next to a wall. We were allowed to metal detect but pretty much all we found were bullets, casings and odd things here and there. At that time the spring house was completely overgrown and was not safe to investigate because of snakes. It was a thrill when we would dig up a bullet and to know it had been there for 130 years. Considering the walls were adobe anything good would be buried several feet down more than likely. I would recommend this sight to anyone who is willing to make the effort - after all that is half the fun. PS - It was kind of fun too when we got buzzed by the border patrol plane!Written 17 January 2022
- We wandered in there during a visit to Deming and saw a nice, interesting array of fiber pieces by local artists. My friend and i picke dup a couple of small gifts and enjoyed visiting with the volunteer on duty.Written 19 June 2019
- They close too early. They have a large selection of videos for a small town that offers little. They offer kids activities in the summer.Written 14 June 2017
- I had the pleasure thanks to Lucy of Santa Ana Church to meet the people of Holy Family Church in Deming. I got to tour their main Church highlighted by the Risen Christ in the main Altar. I attended the Holy Mass in the Chapel that morning and prayed the Rosary afterwards in the quiet atmosphere of the Chapel. I got to meet some of the wonderful parishioners during my time there and to discuss things about their Church and Parish. In the hallway, I saw some of the most beautiful Posters of various Divine and Important Persons of our Catholic Faith. I was very thankful to have visited here and would like to return again !Written 7 June 2021
- I thought about stopping in Deming again after 35 years or so and I found the Church of St. Ann to be a place to stop and pray. Fortunately, the Church was open and I was kindly met by Lucy at the entrance doors who was most helpful and informative. Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament was available and I was able to find solace with the Holy Eucharist and also praying the Rosary and then I was invited to stay for Mass. Mass was officiated by Father Ibarra, a most humble, sincere and caring priest. I stayed afterwards and talked and I was invited to stay longer but I had to continue on my journey the next morning. It was a wonderful Blessing to have visited this Holy Sanctuary which is more than 100 years old. St Ann's will be a stop from now on in my travels in this beautiful Land of Enchantment.Written 10 March 2021
- This is a great rock shop and is full of lots and lots of rocks both inside and out. Prices were reasonable and the selection amazing. If you like rocks….. check out this great shop.Written 22 May 2022
- Really nice place to beet the heat, bowling, miniature golf course indoors with the most amazing art. Course is separated in to three areas as you play the 18 holes. This summer they are offering kids play times with organized activities. It's under new management and it shows!!!Written 27 May 2023
- We stopped by on our Big 2022 Road Trip. We've visited many of the tourist traps in the Bowlin Travel empire, and Akela Flats is a grand example. Souvenirs, fudge, fireworks, trinkets, fancy stuff, fireworks, fuel, and more fireworks. And friendly folks too. :)Written 7 February 2023
- My husband and I stopped in here based on the reviews and were not disappointed. We hadn't planned on shopping, but came away with a very nice western shirt for him and a wonderful belt for an alpaca ruana that I have owned for several years and hadn't found the right belt to complete the look. Shannon and Diana know their merchandise and almost everyone in Deming! Diana was most helpful and we had a lovely chat about growing up in Deming and gave several recommendations on local dining. Take the time to visit, and don't forget to pick up some nice clothes and accessories while you are there!Written 4 March 2018
- Reggie is awesome! Most small towns to not have "taxi" type services and this town is lucky to have him.
My husband is an OTR truck driver and needed to get to the local Walmart to get a new bluetooth headset and obviously can't just hop in the semi and drive around like a car. Walmart is a 30 minute walk and on the other side of the highway.
I googled taxi service and there was Reggie. He was there in 5 minutes and only charged $10 to take my husband to the Walmart. I know it was an odd request, but something like this is so appreciated by a semi truck driver.
Thanks Reggie!Written 12 May 2022
Deming Attractions Information
|Thursday, 1:34 pm|