Horseback Riding Tours
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- On a rainy, cold day in Las Vegas, we were picked up at our resort, and driven out to the corrals out iin red Rock Canyon for our 2 hour canyon rim trail ride. we had done desert rides in 2019, and wanted to get up higher this time...boy, did we!! The 3 wranglers taking us out chose our mounts, horses or mules, for us, geared us up with saddlebags for personal items and helmets, gave us the pre-ride pep talk, and away we went, dressed in everything we could put on for a COLD but fascinating ride up along the ridges.
Even though my friend and I have owned horses and ridden for years, we wanted to experience the desert basin and canyon ridges on horse back, so a 2 hour long walk was a fine way to learn about the area. Many of the others had never ridden before, but everyone was made comfortable and reassured, and seemed to enjoy the experience, if a little cold! We actually did have a few snowflakes up on top as we walked along the steep precipice along the ridge, otherwise, no rain or wind, and some nice sunshine.
Kelley was particularly friendly and chatted with us about the area, the job, the animals as we 3 brought up the rear. All in all. we enjoyed the trip... 2 "older" horse buddy ladies recuperating from hip replacements and a shoulder surgery.( 65, 69). Definitely recommend this to get away from hubbub of Vegas and to see the beautiful countryside, no matter your riding experience or lack thereof. Just do it!!Written 12 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We loved the trail ride with Wild West! Denny, who was our driver narrated the entire drive and told us interesting facts along the way. When we got to the ranch, he changed hats and became a world-class BBQ chef, even making apply pie on the grill for our dessert! The guides were super kind and funny. They carefully paired horses with riders as 5 of our group of 10 had never ridden before. The horses were energetic enough to make it a fun ride -- not the disengaged plodding along like Red Rock. This was a very fun and very safe ride with people and horses who all love the job of entertaining guests! Be prepared to tip well -- you will want to! They are amazing and we had so much fun! I would definitely go back if we ever return to Vegas.Written 25 February 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My boyfriend and I booked horse back riding trip through Chase travel site a few days in advance and were looking forward to it! I was a little surprised to hear nothing from merchant, so we called the morning of the tour, left message and texted asking for departure address. Since we didn’t hear back we googled the Silver State horse back riding tours and headed there. Turned out, it’s an office park that has no mentioning of this business.
Long story short, the departure point was in completely different location, 45 min drive from where we were. Of course, we missed our original activity time, but we still drive there hoping to catch next tour. The worst part,- they didn’t want to work with us claiming the directions were sent to us via Viator, but we didn’t receive them! They said they can rebook us to the trip hours later and charge us $40/ea rebooking fee!
Clearly, the lack of communication between the travel site we used, Viator and the merchant caused an issue. You would think the merchant would do what they can to rectify this!
We were shocked how aggressively they insisted on not accommodating us!
We thought being in customer experience business would shift their priorities towards making sure their guests have good experience, but apparently it did not!Written 14 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The ride was great, be warned that they will hit you up with photos that they take for ten dollars and then also take your email and tell you that they will send photos and videos from your ride. My adult daughter have different email addresses and we are both still waiting for those to hit our inbox three months later. As far as the ride, it was good. The horse certainly were not groomed at all. They all had manure stains on them. They did not have enough mounts for the paid customers so that menat that one of the guides did not join us.Written 16 June 2013
- Giovanna was an awesome guide and was able to relay a lot of facts about the locations. We went to The Valley of Fire, El Dorado mine, and the Colorado River. This tour was my favorite of my Vegas trip.Written 21 November 2020
- Please do not go to the Las Vegas Trail Riding. It is not worth your time and money. Go get some real lessons instead. The horses are obviously not cared for properly. They aren't matched up with the right riders. For example my mom and I went for a trail ride there on vacation, and she was paired up with a pony around the height of 14 hands maybe even smaller. If you don't 14 hands is 4 feet and my mom is 5'1. I am the same height and I was paired up with a 16 hand horse, which I don't have a problem with because I have ridden a 16 hand OTTB before, but they didn't know if I was comfortable on a horse a foot taller than me. You are better off getting real lessons somewhere by people who actually care about your experience and their horses. The workers there are also rude.Written 29 October 2020
- Do not use Shared Shuttle transfers run by BELL transfers in Las Vegas as they do not honor prepaid vouchers.
I prepaid the shared shuttle transfers by BELL in Australia and when I wanted to
go to the airport from my hotel the driver demanded I pay him a fare but as I had already prepaid I showed him my voucher. He still insisted I pay or he would not take me to the airport. I had no choice but to pay him and got a receipt. At the airport I complained to the office and showed them the receipt which was signed by the driver and also my prepaid voucher but they still dismissed the claim. I now am certain that the driver pocketed the money. Beware of this company.Written 22 September 2019