Top Attractions in Eureka
What travellers are saying
- I have made countless trips to Lake Koocanusa and they are always a great adventure. On this trip a friend turned me on to this great hike. While the total length of the hike is about 7 miles (11 km) we only did about 5 miles (8 km) of it. It begins at Riverside Park in Eureka and ends at Lake Court in Rexford. We picked up the trail around Douglas Hill and followed it along the lake and Tobacco River resting, then turning around at the old concrete pilings. The pilings are what's left of the bridge that crossed the Tobacco River at the lake into Rexford. The views are spectacular and it was amusing to watch the activity on the river. There are numerous paths down to the river for getting up close and personal.The trail is diverse changing from open to tree lined to cliff lined. There were many fun finds like left over railroad spikes from the old railroad. With stops this hike took about 2.5 hours. This is an easy hike, though there are a couple challenges depending on the lake and river depths.Written 14 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Staff is friendly and helpful. Knowledge about the town area is extensive. The staff knows where to send you when they do not have the answer. Want to spend a little time in the Eureka area? Make this your first stop. Bring your own coffee because they do not share.Written 5 December 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great brewery just outside of Eureka! Excellent atmosphere with indoor and outdoor seating. We really enjoyed our flight of six brews.....all were good and we each had several favorites! Food truck from Fire and Slice Pizza served up excellent pizza which was perfect with our beer. We were vacationing from South Louisiana and really enjoyed our visit with the owners who were very welcoming and personable. Will definitely go back when in the area next summer......already looking forward to our return visit!Written 30 July 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Part way through a 2-night golf stay. Some thoughts:
1. The golf course is terrific. Good layout, nice fairways, tricky greens that putt true.
2. Cabin is lovely, but no sound-proofing with adjacent unit! Hope for quiet neighbors.
3. Good food in restaurant served by friendly.
4. Friendly helpful staff everywhere!
5. Beautiful location.
Maybe my mind will change tomorrow, but so far so good! Good value for money.Written 17 August 2019
- Love the small town fireworks display and events that include kids. Beer and wine and food venues. Nice music too!Written 12 July 2022
- Never felt that Eureka restaurants were anything but average. It was good to have visited this restaurant for the first time.
Took us a few miles out of our way but it was worth it. Good looking building with horseshoe pits outside and a lot of TV;s inside. Homemade soups that were delicious. Menu was interesting but we were too full after the large bowls of soup. We are definitely going to give the menu a good try out on our next visit.Written 30 June 2019
- Imagine my surprise when I entered the Mall by The Buckle and found The Sunflower Moose! What a unique, cute women's clothing boutique! And they carry all sizes, not just tiny or junior's! Highly recommend!!Written 10 July 2018
- It's an old school bowling alley- what more can I say! It is clean, but not very modern, which is to be expected in a sleepy little town like Eureka, The staff is super friendly and helpful, and the price is VERY reasonable! Call a head to make sure it's not league night- other wise this is always a great place for family fun!Written 6 May 2020
- The staff are very helpful and friendly. They have a lot of unique teas, jams , soaps, lotions, homemade quilts. I had a great time shopping and found items for myself and family. When I run out of the jam and tea I bought, I hope to be able to get some online. They are worth checking out. They are located in what was a turn of the century bank, the inside was really cool.Written 14 August 2022