- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
7 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- Took our Daughter & her 1 & 4 year old girls this summer. Never saw them have so much fun. Went at the end of August & it was pretty empty which was nice. The place is so clean & the grounds overlooking the lake are beautiful. Can't wait for next summer!Written 30 October 2016This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I have lived in Washtenaw County for more than 30 years but had never been to Independence Lake! Like Rolling Hills, it has an admission fee ($6). This summer, the water park is not open (due to COVID). The day I visited, the beach was full! I came to walk the trails and thoroughly enjoyed them! You can print a map from the website; I was able to pick up a map at the Beach Center (which also has flush toilets and a snack bar). If you walk the trails, bring bug spray! The trails meander through a variety of habitats (woods, marsh, prairie). I also enjoyed picnicking in the shade by the beach. My trip was a lot of fun; I'll be back!Written 9 July 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Depot is my favorite place to take people for their first smash. It's so unique, and the staff is always friendly and helpful. It's also a great place to take some teenagers after finals!Written 19 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Good place to meet with God. The pastor is very friendly and listens to you. They have many activities in the churchWritten 27 February 2020
- Visited this preserve on 11.29.17 and enjoyed a very pleasant hike. Trails are well-marked although the large number of leaves on the ground at this time of the year made it a little difficult once or twice to distinguish the trail. Terrain is rolling hills both in and out of forested areas along with marshy areas and ponds. It is a beautiful area to walk through and we found it very quiet and peaceful. There was no noise from traffic while we were there. We did not know there was a preserve in Whitmore Lake and will definitely visit it again. It would be interesting to see the preserve during different times of the year.Written 29 November 2017
- We played a very enjoyable round of golf here. The course is well maintained and does require the golfer to think with his head before swinging away. Not too long but club selection is important One downer: The grill does not open until after 3:00. Prior to that, you are limited to hot dogs and cold sandwiches. If you play early, consider Bobber Down for after golf.Written 8 July 2016
- Ben is the best, was very helpful for new players getting into the sport! A great field to play at for all.Written 3 September 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Whitmore Lake
- The top attractions to visit in Whitmore Lake are:
- Blue Heron Bay Splash Park
- Independence Lake County Park
- First United Methodist Church - Whitmore Lake Campus
- Whitmore Lake Preserve
- Destruction Depot