- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
6 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- We found ourselves here based on as recommendation from our hotel. On our last day in town (we came to go snowboarding/snowmobiling), we realized we didn't pick up an ornament for our Xmas tree. It's a tradition of ours to get an ornament for our tree each time we go on vacation. This store had beautiful fish flies and fishing supplies. Even though we didn't fish, we decided to pick up their custom made Rangeley grey ghost fly for our tree. I'll need to place it into one of those clear ornament balls to keep it safe. They actually sell them prefilled with other fishing flies inside, but I really liked the ones that represented Rangeley. It was an inexpensive souvenir, but so beautifully made. And the staff was very friendly to chat with while we were there under unusual circumstances (looking for an ornament). Definitely check it out if you are in the area.Written 9 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It's a small, locally owned bookstore where the owner does a great job recommending and curating books for his customers. Its old school customer service. I always felt welcomed and that the owner really wanted me to find books I will enjoy (and I did).
The store also sells cards from local artists and has a small selection of local artwork. There is a section of books by local writers and local topics. There is a used book section and a section for teens.
Its on Main Street in the center of town between the Post Office and The Red Onion. On-street parking.
Current hours: Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday and opens at 11AM.
If you visit Rangeley and you like books, this is must.Written 2 August 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Stop by and meet Dee herself as she takes such pride in her shop and wants to meet all those who visit her. I always stop and shop at the local places because they know the area and can suggest the best sites to visit.
Besides the largest and biggest assortment of candles, the gift and souvenir selection is simply adorable. There are also many local favorites like honey and jellies and jams and local syrups. Be assured you will find the right gift or souvenir to bring home.
Last August I was here and purchased my favorite maple syrup in the "moose" glass container. I came back for more. The Wild Blueberry Jam is out of this world. I also bought the Wild Blueberry Syrup.
Located on Main Street ( EVERYTHING here is on Main Street!!), please stop and say hello to Dee. You'll make someone happy.Written 19 November 2015This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a great place to rent skis at Saddleback. The staff is always super nice and friendly (I once really damaged a rental ski and they let it slide). It also has some pretty sweet deals, so look out for those. I rented skis here for five years before I finally bought my own pair of skis this. All in all, if you need to rent gear for skiing, don't go to the rental shop at Saddleback mountain, come here instead.Written 20 March 2014