- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
9 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- Small fall area that is deceiving. You arrive and see the the falls with a great photo op.. Only then do you realize that the main falls are further down the trail! Nice place to picnic and enjoy nature!Written 6 October 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We took our dog for a short hike in Step Falls Preserve while visiting the area. There's a good size parking area along Route 26, but it can fill up on nice weekends and no parking along the highway. A short yellow-blazed trail follows Wight Brook upstream to Step Falls. It's easy to the base of the falls, but gets steeper past that. Step Falls consists of a series of cascades and small drops totaling almost 200 feet. There are a number of side paths that go out to the falls in different places. Lots of swimholes if you're looking to take a dip. The top of the waterfall is clearly marked where private property begins. Please respect private property and stay within the preserve.Written 28 September 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The directions are too far! These directions here on TripAdvisor will take you past the actual location (by A LOT).
Basically when you get on Bull Branch Rd it's the place with the only parking lot on the left side of the road (small).
This place is AMAZING! I cannot believe how warm the water was (August of 2020) normally river water is much cooler. If you go upstream about .5 miles you'll find an area that has smaller falls that make great slides for little kids. My 4 yr old really liked the slides.Written 18 August 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We love the cross country ski trails here.....lots of beautiful, peaceful, well groomed trails! The staff at The Outdoor Center, where you buy your passes, were very helpful, kind and friendly. The Center does have a small public restroom. If you buy a pass for the Bethel Nordic Ski Center, located at The Bethel Inn (another nice place to cc ski/snowshoe), The Outdoor Center will honor the same pass at no charge and it's not far from the Bethel Nordic Ski Center. We really enjoyed our day here! Go, you will not be disappointed!
From Bethel, Maine: Follow Rt. 2 East for 2.6 miles. Take a left onto Sunday River Road, marked by the large Sunday River Brewery (big building with red roof). Follow Sunday River Road to a fork with a "Sunday River Ski Resort" sign. Fork left and driveway is the first on the right at the rustic brown and white lodge. Additional parking is available just after the lodge on the left.
Also, not far from here and so worth your time to visit is MOUNT WILL; it is a beautiful and amazing hike with incredibly beautiful views of the Androscoggin River Valley below, as well as the Bethel Forest. This is a 3.2 looped trail up the mountain and back with some steep sections...just take it slow and you'll be fine. The views at the top are definitely worth the hike-incredible! We used our snowshoes/poles and thoroughly enjoyed our time here! It is located across from the Bethel Transfer and Recycle Station...watch for a small Mount Will sign or you will miss the left turn up into the small parking lot (no building here).Written 3 February 2015
- We just had the experience of a lifetime, paddling the Allagash with Polly, Sue and Rose (and Olga!) from Mahoosuc Guide Service! We cannot recommend Mahoosuc highly enough. We had a family group of nine, from ages 79 to 20, and the team from Mahoosuc could not have been more professional, knowledgeable, kind and just so enjoyable to spend time with and learn from. From their knowledge of the river to their amazing fire-cooked meals, to their willingness to teach and share their vast knowledge of the Allagash, its history, the wildlife and other camping and canoeing skills - we simply could not have asked for a better experience. Our sincere and heartfelt thanks to Polly and the Mahoosuc Guide Service team for a wonderful adventure!Written 3 July 2022
- We were greeted at the parking lot with golf carts and invited to have a good round. The clerk in the pro shop appeared happy to see us. The starter showed us to the first tee and said have a good round. This tract is quite challenging with elevation changes and some narrow fairways, but a fun course.Written 19 August 2018
- For my 40th birthday I wanted my husband and friends to get to ski and enjoy the day, I just wanted a great massage and spa experience. This was not that at all; you have to check in in a tiny room, then walk down the hallway (while waking by guests heading out from their rooms to go skiing), then back down the hall to get to a tiny massage room where the entire time you can hear the front desk and skiers coming and going in their boots over the relaxation CD... the masseuse was a lovely, nice woman and the massage itself was ok, but for that price it should have been an incredible massage. The manicure was also lackluster, chipping off within 24 hours. Not impressed.Written 19 January 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Newry