Boat Tours • Dolphin & Whale Watching
- Traveller favouritesTours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
9 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travellers are saying
- What a trip! Our crew gave us plenty of information about the Kennebunk/Kennebunkport area, the boats, the homes, the history - as we made our way to find whales. We stopped at Boone Island to see plenty of seals, then we got lucky by not having to go far before we saw our first whale. As we were trying to get the perfect photo, another showed up in the distance. Our captain quickly took us to what was a very playful and friendly humpback who circled our boat almost within touching distance. It was amazing, and then there was a third whale that showed up. All within sight of Boone Island - it was great.Written 2 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Excellent lesson! Will was great. He gave us lots of helpful instruction and tips from basic safety to key points on how to pop up successfully and how to spot and catch a wave. He spent an hour and a half with us in the water. He was very patient and very positive and encouraging. Learning to surf takes practice but this lesson gave me a great foundation to get me started and keep me on the right track.Written 3 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We stayed at Sandy Pines in August 2021, and Kayak Excursion could not have made it easier for us to enjoy the experience. S
Communication was GREAT! Stefan was super responsive to calls even before we arrived and arranged for a multi-group delivery and set us up for adults and children alike, taking special care to make sure that all the kids had proper fitting life jackets for their size/weight. He took the time to discuss the attributes of the equipment and the tidal patterns to safely navigate the salt marshes.
Stefan is a regular fixture around the campground and always checked in when he saw us to make sure we were having a good experience. He even helped us arrange to pick up our items early when we needed to depart sooner than expected.
I wish every boating experience I had was a well run as Kayak Excursions. I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone or use their services again.Written 14 September 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Mike was a great tour guide. Knowledgeable and professional. I recommend them. It was a fun morning and I would do it again with them.Written 19 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We went on the children’s 2 hour charter. It was my son’s first time fishing and we had a blast. Captain Niels Jacob was so great with him. He showed him how to fish and how to reel in the fish and was very patient with him. My son was amazed at how many fish he caught and thought Captain Niels was so funny. We also got to see the seals…I have never seen seals that well before. We also got to pick up a lobster trap my son was not a fan of the lobster but my hubby had fun banding them lol. It was the best trip and I highly recommend it.Written 29 June 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- My grown son and I just rented scooters for the second time from Coastal Maine Scooter Rentals. What a fun exciting adventure! This company is extremely professional, all scooters are in tip top shape and we recieved thorough intsructions along with practicing and a map to guide us while exploring. This is the best way to see the area. On both occasions we rented for three hours but I think we will try the four hour rental next time ... there is just so much to see and explore. We were able to make several stops to take in the views, the beaches, a little in town exploring, St Anns Church which is gorgeous, the Bush Compound and a seafood lunch at the Pier. Highly reccomend this activityWritten 31 May 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Went out with Paul this week and had a blast. My kids 8 and 6 had an unforgettable experience and caught several fish each including a couple of stripers that were larger than I expected on our 2-hour journey.Written 23 July 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Captain Mike has a great sense of humour.
Boat had a bathroom and an area to warm up if needed. Full day out on the ocean for a great price. No drinks or snacks available- bring your own. I am not a fisher person nor do I sail. I wish there would have been an introduction of the crew before starting- several people were helping but I am not sure if they were crew. I wish safety procedures would have been discussed. There was a little discussion on how to fish and help was available. I felt to many people were on the boat as lines kept getting tangled and had to be untangled. This took away from the day.
Overall a great day out on the ocean, with new people who enjoy what they do. Even the captain fishes for a bit and the crew did as well. Thanks for the laughs and the fish.Written 20 August 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Kennebunk
- These are the best places for kid-friendly tours in Kennebunk:See more tours for children in Kennebunk on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for adventurous tours in Kennebunk:See more adventurous tours in Kennebunk on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for adrenaline seekers looking for tours in Kennebunk:See more tours for adrenaline seekers in Kennebunk on Tripadvisor