- Traveller favouritesTours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked according to revenue made by Tripadvisor on those bookings, plus the number of page views by Tripadvisor users, and the quantity and quality of reviews
19 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- A peaceful and informative gentle sail out of Camden harbor towards the islands. This s not the correct trip if you're looking for an excursion that skirts the coastline so you can take photos at close range. It's a sail out to sea and depending on the wind you may not go very far. The captain was informative and friendly and it was very enjoyable none the less. There was not a whole lot to see in terms of sealife but the local stories and accounts of Maine's maritime history etc were fascinating. I would highly recommend for adults but probably not the most exciting excursion for children.Written 17 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Our 2-hour morning sailing on Heritage with Jeff was superb. We really appreciated the privacy and flexibility of the tour, being close to water on a relatively small boat, and learning some basics of sailing. Jeff was fun, experienced, and knowledgeable. An amazing experience overall!Written 9 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We have sailed on sloop Anjaca three times over the past few years. Each and every sail has been magnificent. The captain and crew are experienced and provide a fantastic explanation of the various islands in the bay. The boat is beautiful and very comfortable, I would highly recommend a sailWritten 13 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- An enjoyable and informative cruise around the harbor on a lobster boat, we enjoyed beautiful views of the coastline, mountains and wildlife while learning about lobstermen and their craft. Our guide and captain were both friendly and knowledgeable, and our teenage kids were the first to volunteer to hold lobsters or bait the traps! Would recommend.Written 11 August 2022
- The sail was supposed to be a sunset and a day before the full moon but sadly clouds prevailed. But the sun peeked through at the last minute and added a stepladder of Red in the sky.
The sail was peaceful and the conversation with Jeff, the first “mate” was most enjoyable. My partner raised the sails as an auxiliary second “mate” and I captured the moment.
When I’m Camden the OLAD dail is highly recommended!!!!Written 12 August 2022
- I highly recommend this cruise. My husband and I had a wonderful time. The crew was attentive and answered all of our questions about the boat. Definitely ask them about the boat. The history of it is awesome.Written 6 August 2022
- Beautiful afternoon sailing Lazy Jack II
Learned some interesting facts from the captain & crew member. Vessel was clean & accommodating for ourselves & our dogWritten 16 August 2022
- Absolutely loved climbing with Equinox! I did a full day trip in Acadia, and it was absolutely one of the best days I spent in the park! My guide was Noah (owner of Equinox) and he was the best! He knew not only where to go, but when to go, and which routes to climb. He knew perfectly how to push and challenge me within my skill level and made it a great day! I would absolutely climb Equinox again!Written 17 August 2022
- What a lovely trip sailing back to a simpler time. Delicious food prepared on a wood stove. Great stops (like the Swan's Island Music Festival and our lobster boil on an island beach). Ah, to be aboard the oldest operating windjammer in the US.Written 9 August 2022
- We spent two days sailing and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We wanted to increase our sailing ability and gather feedback. Nancy is a gem! She challenged us, was very patient and funny.
With a bit of foggy weather and hiccups to our plans Nancy was flexible & incredibly helpful in allowing us to achieve our goals. Her experience as harbor master and knowledge of the area is a plus as she suggested activities to fill a day we couldn't sail due to weather.
A return trip to Camden will have us booking with Nancy again.
We highly recommend her!Written 23 July 2022
- Loved it. Crew capable and fun, food plentiful and great, lots to see and do. I did the 6-day “whales and seabirds.” Be aware that cabins and bathrooms are very small; that’s part of the windjammer experience. This is not Carnival, thank god.Written 1 August 2022
- What a great day! We were celebrating 30 years together! We were joined by 4 friends! Captain Paul did an excellent job of making us comfortable! First mate Wes catered to our every need! Champagne and lunch were delightful! Our ride allowed us to see so much of the Penobscot Bay that we had never seen! The boat was spotless! Our ladies were delighted with clean restroom accommodations. This is a 4 hour tour that I highly recommend to anyone wishing to have a special event! We cannot wait to do this again! Thank you Indigo!Written 16 August 2022
- A 3 day sail on the Mary Day was the highlight of our New England vacation. Owner/operators Jen and Barry really know how to please their guests. The schooner is well run and kept immaculate throughout the sail. The crew operates like a well oiled machine. Everything about our experience was impressive. I'm still trying to wrap my head around how three extraordinary meals (and late afternoon snack)s are prepared and served daily. One would think that short cuts in meal prep would be expected but no, everything is freshly prepared and just delicious! I took the Captain's advice to turn off my devices and tune out the rest of the world. (What time is it? It's who cares o'clock!) We were part of an eclectic group of adventures and thoroughly enjoyed meeting and getting to know our ship mates. If you are looking for a sailing excursion I highly recommend sailing on The Mary Day.Written 26 July 2022
- Had the pleasure of spending two half days with Mike last week. He was very knowledgeable and personable. I've gone out with many guides and this was one of my most enjoyable experiences.Written 5 September 2017
- An amazing day sailing with Captain Don. He created an experience for our group that will always be treasured memories.
Thank you for a great afternoon out on the water.Written 5 August 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Camden
- These are the best places for groups seeking tours in Camden:See more tours for groups in Camden on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for adrenaline seekers looking for tours in Camden:See more tours for adrenaline seekers in Camden on Tripadvisor