- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
19 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- Always love looking around this store. It has some very unique products. Owner is friendly and helpful.Written 22 October 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We enjoyed browsing through this gallery. There were several unique paintings and prints. Great location near the public landing.Written 4 August 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We went in just to browse. There was a nice selection of items, and we especially liked the pottery. Having read the TripAdvisor reviews AFTER we went there, I'm not sure we would have even entered the store -- I've never seen so many reviews about a single shop where the owners are said to be so rude and arrogant. We must not have picked up any items because we didn't even notice the owners. Anyway -- nice selection, high prices, lack of any customer service at all when we went (no greeting or scowling!).Written 4 August 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Sad to see that Donnie B's has closed. He had a nice selection of interesting items. Called to see if an item was still available, and found out it had closed. Best of luck with your future plans Donnie.Written 18 April 2021
- The Smiling Cow is very popular and has been in Camden for about 80 years! They have a lot of great stuff. We especially liked the bags with the different cow motifs.Written 4 August 2021
- Always looking for different snacks while traveling, we absolutely hit the jackpot at Uncle Willy's Candy Shoppe, down by the harbor in Camden, Maine (one of the most gorgeous villages/small towns I've ever seen). Of course they have the usual varieties of home-made candies and fudge (really good, by the way), but what floored me was the quantity of "old-time" candies they stocked – some I hadn't seen since I was a kid back in the 50s–60s. My wife found a product she liked so much (Anise Squares), that upon our return home, I contacted "Uncle Willy" and ordered more as a Christmas gift. The shop was spotless and the staff so accommodating. I'll keep them on "speed dial" for birthdays and holidays. Certainly worth visiting if you're in the area, and if not, check out their website or give them a call. You'll be glad you did, and so will your kids.Written 29 April 2022
- This is an upscale market where you can get snacks and provisions. They also have a deli and bakery. When we were in Camden at lunch time, restaurant lines were out the door. Someone recommended French and Brawn. We found excellent sandwiches, and sides that made us very happy. Also, if you can't find what you want, they will make it for you. It's a bit pricey but worth it when your stomach is empty and you don't want to spend all afternoon waiting for lunch.Written 1 September 2022
- Turn off Rte 1 in Camden, onto Bay View Street and you will find the best bookstore - and coffee shop - north of Boston. The selection of titles will delight and the upstairs reading area (and well stocked children’s area) will delight.Written 14 August 2019
- I was so excited to "window" shop in the gorgeous store. If you like fibers, you will be in heaven. Because of the covid-19 , it was an unusual style of shopping but Misty, the owner could not have been more helpful. Her choices were endless! She was so interested, enthusiastic and pleasant. I would drive two hours again just to go to this yarn experience!Written 24 June 2020
- We've lived in multiple countries around the world and have made homes in many of them, but this is easily one of our favorite stores. Over the years we bought her rugs (which she designs and has made in Maine), blankets, and wide range of tasteful, unique decorations. It's full of large and small items that would suit any home.Written 19 July 2019
- This wonderful store has so many gems to browse and enjoy while considering a special purchase, either for yourself or as a memorable gift. So many beautiful wares to choose from.Written 3 August 2019
- We didn’t stay in Camden long but we’re glad we stopped here. Very friendly store with a great selection. It’s got a lot of character. They have interesting gifts as well as books, and good local souvenirs. Will stop there againWritten 7 July 2019
- My husband and I purchased a Dory Boat Basket here during our visit to Camden last week. Garry could not have been nicer. He is clearly passionate about the products he sells. He was knowledgeable and friendly and shared many stories about the crafters of the products in his shop. It was lovely to speak with him and to support a business that supports the makers of fine products made in the USA. We also appreciated the fact that Garry takes the health and safety of his staff and customers very seriously. Thanks Garry!Written 25 February 2021
- Was out looking around for a gift for a friend and found a brass compass that was both a classy and affordable choice. Very nice selection of items that will give you some serious ideas for a birthday or wedding gift, or a special way to remember the trip to this amazing little town referred to as "the jewel of the sea".Written 10 October 2020
- For years I have been searching for a wallet that was similar to my current worn out model and have been unsuccessful in finding one until I ventured into this store where leather goods were everywhere. The salesperson was very helpful when I showed him my old wallet and helped me pick out one that was a perfect substitute. While it was a little pricey it was very fine quality leather.Written 13 November 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Camden
- These are the best places for budget-friendly shopping in Camden:See more budget-friendly shopping in Camden on Tripadvisor