Top Attractions in Camden
What travellers are saying
- Was there last week. Beautiful scenery! Will go back again! Was our first time in this area. The view from the summit was very beautiful.Written 13 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Make sure you drive up the auto road, the view at the top is beautiful. Don't forget your camera! There are a few places to park, so you can get out and walk around at the top.Written 13 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful place to see. Tons of boats, Go during the Lobster festival and get all the seafood you can eat.Written 9 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Took the hike up Maiden Cliff trail. It was only about a mile each way but provided an amazing view of the whole Lake. I am sixty and have an arthritic knee but it was a doable hike although some sections were steep and I was glad I brought my poles. So fun.Written 22 July 2022
- This is well worth a stop if you want to check off another gorgeous lighthouse sighting. On Google Maps, the spot is labeled as “Curtis Lighthouse Overlook.” From Chestnut St south of downtown Camden, turn onto Beacon Ave toward the ocean, and when it dead-ends into Bay View St, immediately pull off on the right side of the road and there is a little sign nailed to a tree across the road marking the short path to the overlook. This is in a residential neighborhood so be careful about parking since there is not much room there. There is a bench at the overlook. It is a high bluff so hang onto your children.Written 1 July 2022
- Beautiful historic homes and inns that are architectural marvels, great library, harborview park designed by the Olmsted Brothers, and some eyecatching storefronts in the shopping district.Written 4 August 2021
- This library and its grounds are amazing! Beautiful, functional and a gift to all those who visit, the library is a hub for all ages.
I’ve been in libraries around the world and this is the nicest “community” library I’ve been to.Written 24 June 2022
- Arrived early and beat the crowd that showed up , filling the parking lot by 12:30pm.
The line for lift tickets and actual ride moved quickly and soon we were on the slow ride up the hill.
Some in our group selected to walk the trails down while others rode the chair.
All in all, a very nice day at Camden Snow Bowl.Written 12 October 2020
- We took the circular route. It was a 6 mile hike and rather challenging for elderly people. Great place to sit on the ledge at Bald Mountain and have a picnic lunch.Written 28 October 2020
- We happened to be parking near the church when its bell tolled at noon. Lovely sound! It rings on the hour. This church has beautiful stained glass. Couldn't get in because most churches during non-service times are locked these days due to vandalism, which is a pity. It's a Camden landmark and has a large grassy side area that's like a pocket park.Written 4 August 2021
- Just spent one of the most relaxing, beautiful weeks with my family. Most days we were the only people on the water yet were fortunate enough to share this amazing piece of nature with the loons, the fish and a bald eagle.Written 11 August 2016
- Decent small garden, a few gardens within it. This could be developed into something really nice with work and funds.Written 13 July 2021
- Close to town, clean, flowing, river water from Lake Megunticook. A well-marked dam is located just downstream from the beach. Muddy bottom is pleasant and graduated for young ones and swimmers. Launch your kayak and head upstream to Molyneaux Road bridge and return in an easy 75-90 minutes R/T. Observe birds, turtles, new scenery around each bend. Depth varies from a few feet to 10 or 15' in a few places. With picnic tables, grill, port-o-potty. Parking for about 15-20 cars. Pleasant spot to relax.Written 16 August 2017
- Always love looking around this store. It has some very unique products. Owner is friendly and helpful.Written 22 October 2020
- We enjoyed browsing through this gallery. There were several unique paintings and prints. Great location near the public landing.Written 4 August 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Camden