- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
14 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- There is a geocache located close to the Railroad Observation Tower. For the coordinates of the geocache visit geocaching.comWritten 23 October 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A shoutout to the Oldham History Center for its tour of the La Grange African American Cemetery on Juneteenth. This was a very interesting and educational tour followed by a video and talk at a church downtown about African American history in Oldham County. A number of the graves in the cemetery were of black Civil War veterans and other notable figures who contributed to the history of the county in the past. And if you haven’t visited La Grange it’s a quaint and charming town 22 miles outside of Louisville off of I-71 on the way to Cincinnati.Written 20 June 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This museum is a must do when in the area. Ken was fantastic as he told us about the building and some of its history. We enjoyed the downstairs model set ups.
Upstairs there are actual artifacts donated by people either with connections to the railroad or family wanting to share with others.
The display of a locomotive, dining car, and caboose was so fun to tour.Written 20 July 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Stopped in for a tasting and ended up with a bottle sitting on the front porch watching the trains go through town. Hidden gem. Angie was our hostess and was fun to hang out with.Written 12 March 2020
- We had a very nice afternoon relaxing on the calm water of this quarry. No Frills. No Refreshments. Just a place to put you and your float on the water to paddle around or just float in peace. No one under the age of 18. NO ALCOHOL. Floats available to purchase if you forgot your own. We had to buy a twin blowup mattress because our float deflated itself shortly after we got in. They're very strict about No Alcohol, which is fine with us. Very well behaved guests as they don't tolerate any excesses. Scuba training was available.The water was Very clear 20-40 Ft visibility.Written 20 August 2019
- The gallery is a non-profit that sells juried artwork from Kentucky artist. Expect to find a unique and creative gift for anyone here (including yourself) and feel good that you have contributed to the growth of the arts in Oldham County, as well as helped support local artists! And some of the collected non-profit money goes toward scholarships for graduating seniors in Oldham County!
Their juried art shows encourage the non-professional artists to submit their work for judging and cash awards and is then displayed in the gallery for the duration - until the next show is called.
Be sure to stop by and browse this gallery! The director is very good about changing it up regularly, so each visit you will definitely see new works of art!Written 11 January 2017
- Found several items that worked perfect in my house. Many items in the store. Had great time looking through each floor.Written 27 August 2018
- What a great time heading out into nature on a VERY cool ATV. It seems like the woods go on forever once you're out there.
We found some great little fossils by a creek, and tasted sarsaparilla too! The people operating the tour were the nicest, and answered all of our kids' questions.
A safe, comfortable way to experience real Kentucky nature at its best. One of the top highlights of our trip from NY.Written 1 September 2020
- Falling rock quarry is a very deep lake spring fed and perfect for relaxing on a hot summer day. Adults only. Just bring a noodle or flotation device.Written 3 September 2019
- Hands down the best toy store around!...similar to "Playthings" in Louisville but I would say more interesting toys here for quite a big age range. Renovating the upstairs when we were there in July, so we'll be waiting to see! They sell plasma ride-on cars, and even have one little "old carousel" horse in the back for toddlers to rideWritten 8 November 2018
- My son loved this experience! I highly recommend for a unique experience for both kids and adults!!!Written 20 August 2022
- From the moment we arrived, Elle, the owner and tour guide had us captivated. Her passion and energy are contagious. Several Hollywood movies have been filmed here. Plan your visit, it’s awesome!Written 1 August 2018
- We have family that lives just a mile or so from this course. We played here as a family on Father's Day 2017. The actual layout is pretty nice and moderately challenging. The greens were just ok but the condition of the fairways, roughs and tee boxes were nearing the unacceptable. The women's tee box had some wispy grass that was ankle deep and the roughs and fairways very sparse with grass coverage. Cost was only $40 with cart on a Sunday morning so that was good but for weekend play not to have all the tee boxes cut was wierdWritten 21 June 2017