- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
47 places sorted by traveller favourites
Showing results 1-30 of 47
What travellers are saying
- Our family made its first trip to Clifty Falls. What a beautiful setting hidden in the SE corner of Indiana. The hiking provided a day full of exercise. Most of the trails are some category of rugged. For a nice challenge, take Trail 8 and then hike the creek bed (Trail 2) back toward the trail head. The park is pet friendly. The only disappointment was the lack of rain since late summer which resulted in bland colors in the trees and the waterfalls being trickles. The observation tower provides a beautiful look at the river but unfortunately a coal plant is in between. The park offers a lodge if you want to stay overnight (we did not use this). There are observation decks for each of the falls, including a bridge across the top one of the them. It is a short walk from the parking lots to the decks. There is also a tunnel you can walk completely through. You will want a flashlight or your phone for that walk. There are several picnic areas and some spacious flat areas. It would be easy to spend the whole day there.Written 12 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I fell in love with Madison in the early 70's. It has continued to improve over the years to the point, it has outgrown itself. Parking can be difficult, and the small restaurants easily overwhelmed. Don't let that detour you from all the beautiful old, restored buildings and homes. And be sure to take a stroll along the lovely banks of the Ohio River.Written 29 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It was a very nice tour. We enjoyed it. Drove just a few blocks to the winery. The flowers there were amazing! Derek was our tour guide and she did a great job describing that era.Written 14 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Cool location, nice gardens, wines and spirits were great. Terrence did a great job providing background information on how the wines and spirits were produced as well has helpful tasting and pairing notes. This was the best of our three visits. We’ll be back! Thanks for a great experience!Written 30 October 2022
- Nice little place for a refreshing cold beverage. One side has a beer dispensing wall and the other side offers a small bar. Natalie was very friendly and knowledgeable about their products. Stop in and enjoy.Written 21 August 2022
- My husband and I were in town for our anniversary. We decided to stop by for a free wine tasting, and ended up buying 4 bottles! The cider and the Sack were amazing. Staff was very friendly. Cannot wait to come back when more variety is available.Written 15 March 2020
- The station museum was very small, but quite interesting. The restored caboose outside that you can go in was the highlight of this part of the history center. For sure worth the stop.Written 12 August 2019
- What a great performance by DR. Curt Fields who portrayed General U.S. Grant tonight at the History Center. I have been to the History Center in the past but this was truly special as DR.Fields assumed the character of U. S. Grant. It was well worth the drive from Louisville to come here tonight.Oh, it was free and the place was packed. Do remember to include a donation if you enjoyed this evening’s performance.Written 18 August 2022
- This place was HUGE--way bigger than I initally thought or saw. I'm not a big antique person, but I really liked this mall. Everything is organized and easy to view, and the staff was very friendly and helpful.Written 20 August 2022
- My husband and I recently visited Madison for a little anniversary getaway. As lovers of all things historic, we decided to book a tour of the Schroeder Saddletree Factory not really even knowing what a saddletree WAS. What an interesting experience! We had the rare opportunity to learn all about how saddletrees are constructed (a quickly vanishing art) with an up close and personal look at the factory as well as the property where the Schroeder family lived and worked. We will never look at a saddle the same way again. This site, operated by Historic Madison Inc., is truly a labor of love that is well worth the time it takes to visit. Make an advance appointment via phone to guarantee your spot during the current pandemic restrictions and enjoy an informative individualized tour of a unique treasure.Written 30 May 2021
- We walked portions of this two different times. It is clean and very well lit at night A nice walk!!Written 19 May 2022
- Not much to say except, overall, this is a very nice mall. Lots of variety, prices are fairly reasonable, and for the most part booths are well organized. It's large, but not so large that you get overwhelmed. It's also pretty clean.
The people were friendly, too.
Don't let the country General Store look of the outside fool you...it's not one of these places that claim to be an antique mall that's filled with mostly new or re-purposed Home Goods-type stuff. This is the real deal.
This is located off the main drag that goes through Madison.Written 14 July 2020
- WOW!! What a gorgeous water fountain. No wonder people have weddings there. Be sure to stop and see this historic fountain while in Madison.Written 5 June 2022
- This is a great art gallery filled with local artists' works. The town is adorable, too. Art on Main's website said it was closed on Mondays, but it was open. Closing days may be Tuesday and Wednesday, but it's worth calling if you're not sure. It's for sure worth dropping in as one of many intriguing places to visit in Madison.Written 14 January 2022
- I’m so happy we were able to see this home. It’s not huge, so it didn’t take us long to go through the home, but the design is very impressive and I’m happy it’s still standing and preserved. The inside is beautifully furnished with some unique and interesting features. Contact Historic Madison about tour times rather than just showing up.Written 23 October 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Madison
- The best outdoor activities in Madison according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Madison on Tripadvisor