Historic Sites • Points of Interest & Landmarks
What travellers are saying
- A place that cries out the struggle held by the freedom fighters of India. If you are a patriotic person, and you love Bharat Maa, this place will make you very emotional. Even a person who is not patriotic, if visits this place will get goosebumps by listening to the events that were held at this place. On one side it is an architectural wonder and on the other side it has been a hell for every Indian who wished India to be free from the shackles put by foreigners. Please contact Sadai Tours and Travels, they will arrange a smooth pick up and drop service and help you through your entire journey at Andaman. You can contact them in either of these 9933202151, 9531918600 numbers. They are trustworthy, genuine and affordable. They'll be there to make your vacation comfortable, memorable and happy.Written 14 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A very clean and beautiful island... Kots of things to see... Although most of the buildings have collapsed but you can admire the way the island has been designed and how luxurious the life there was. Apart from that the history of Ross island is on display and a lot of peacocks and deers!Written 24 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Was in Port Blair for a day. Lucky enough to meet Babu a driver who took us to Chidiya tapu. A great driver with reasonable charge. Phone number: 9933235410 .It's was a great afternoon drive about 45 minutes from town. Saw the biological park and the beach - different from the sandy beaches in Havelock. Coming back he took us to places for food and shopping - 👌🏼.Written 26 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This was my first time ferry ride with makruzz this ferry ride was very memorable for me...i booked this ferry from havelock to neil island...premium class seats were very comfortable ACwas also very chill... Music system and display were quite boring which can be improved ..check in and luggage system load and unload could also be smoothed ...ferry staff was very polite ..very limited option to eat in ferry
..The arrival and departure of the ferry was very punctual according to the timing
Overall 60min ferry ride was a pleasure for me
thanks to makruzzWritten 7 June 2023
- Before covid intervened Jolly Buoy was the best thing tourists were doing in the Islands. It is a boat ride from Marine National Park at Wandoor which takes one to the beautiful Island. The boat ride itself is a wonderful and beautiful experience where one can se beautiful islands and green surroundings on the way. At Jolly Buoy ride of glass boat to see marine life underneath is an experience. The variety of marine life simply amazes you as it is so beautiful to look at. At the Island, which is a small Island sitting and walking on the sand, sitting on trees hanging in the sea is such a beautiful and memorable experience. One wished to just live there and experience the glory of its beauty. But all good things in life come to an end. An extremely beautiful experience.Written 21 March 2023
- One of the cleanest beaches in port Blair with clean blue waters. There are few shops around the beach which serve coconut water etc. One can laze down here for a couple hours and relax here.Written 23 July 2023
- Nice place nice staff just what is missing is a slight punch of navy. Once being operated by Indian Navy, finish what you call as navy edge does not exists there.
If they can arrange one or two staff in naval dress to be present at the museum particularly for weapons section then it would be nice.
A small section for kids to encourage them to join navy, some section of valour of navy would be more appreciable.
Rest I loved the place, neat, clean, good collection.Written 7 January 2023
- We planned a 6 days Andaman trip with friends. Dekho Andaman was our tour operator for the complete journey starting from Port Blair and ending at Port Blair Airport. It was a great relief for us to find such a coordinating team . A time to time coordination at every island was given without any waiting. May it be ferry or cab, every suggestion from them worth every penny we spent. Thank you team for thisWritten 5 August 2023
- Beautiful Curved Beach with Loads of Water Activities so if you are one who loves to jump in water then a must visit scenic beauty. There is another island at a distance where we can travel by speed boat called Snake's Island.Written 2 July 2023
- A must see place in Port Blair.The exhibits are eye opening. However the place is in desperate need for renovations, and the artifacts deserve better preservationWritten 7 January 2023
- Go here only if you are interested in underwater sports activities, this is known as coral beach and has amazing biodiversity. we did snorkeling for 1000 bucks person and it was a serene experience, we loved it - totally worth it. On the other hand avoid glass bottom boats. Total waste of money, it's a fraud. they take 2500 per person and take you for a 1 hour tour. Out of which hardly 15 min you can go in the lower deck for watching fishes and corals. Their glasses are blurry plus it a lot depends on weather too I guess. Out of 15 minutes. We could see just two types of fishes for 5 minutes. It was very disappointing for the price we paid. You have to pay separately for the food which is equally terrible. we ordered nachos and salsa, which was basically the lowest quality packaged nachos chips with tomato ketchup. When asking for the actual salsa, they said this is what we serve. In further arguments, they put a little bit of cheese on nachos instead and made ketchup super spicy by adding bits of tomato and onions. We had booked a Dolphin boat which didn't come at all, so we had to convert our tickets to a submarine glass boat . So in summary. AVOID glass boats and go for actual under water sports!!?Written 25 May 2023
- We made a hakf day trip to this point while we stayed in Port Blair in November 2021. This is one of the highest points in South Andamans and views from this point are really awesome. You get clear views of North Bay Island and Ross Island too from here.Written 28 May 2022
- The water is very clear and it is one of the most perfect spots in the Island. The way to the beach is through a thick forest which gives us the perfect island vibes. The tea shops nearby give nice tea and snack items in the evening.Written 18 September 2023
- The temple was built in 1926 in the Ross Islands by the British rulers to win the loyalty of the Tamilians. Later its venue was shifted to the capital city Port Blair post-independence... I attended MahaKumbhabhishekham it was very blessings to me....Written 10 June 2023
- Nice corals and wonderful fishes. Very small island nothing much to do other than glass bottom boat ride.Written 23 November 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about South Andaman Island
- The best day trips from South Andaman Island according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Baratang Island LimeStone Caves
- Touristic Highlights of the Port Blair (Guided Fullday Sightseeing Tour by Car)
- Explore Havelock Island From Port Blair
South Andaman Island Attractions Information