- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
52 places sorted by traveller favourites
Showing results 1-30 of 52
What travellers are saying
- The downtown area is very nice, with a great selection of stores and restaurant, especially near the river.Written 27 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The best theater I had every been to. Ron, the owner, is always there and he is happy and friendly. He gets so many great shows there that is it hard to chose which ones to attend. I would be there a lot more if I lived closer, but I come from Indianapolis, IN to the Arcada and that is about a 4 hour drive each way.
Anyone wanting some good ole rock and roll, among many others types of music and shows, go to oshows.com and check it out. Ron books all the great shows!Written 10 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- what a scenic area along the river. A very nice park with a lot to do. There is mini golf, walking areas, swimming pools, nature walk, food stands, paddle boat rides, just a wonderful area. Plenty of parking and all of the facilities were spotless. A definite visit in the area.Written 5 January 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Our group of riders drove up from the Peoria area to enjoy this bike trail. We have been here before several years prior. We began our day #1 bike travels heading south from the Mount Saint Mary's Park in downtown St . Charles and rode to Aurora. Lots of bathrooms and interesting sights along the way. We stayed on the East side of the river on the way south and returned on the West side. Definitely recommend that route as there were a few downhill areas on the East side. Day #2 we started at Norris Woods Nature Preserve and rode North to Dundee. This section is a little older, hillier and lots of tree root damage to the trail. Not alot of places to stop and see except in downtown Elgin, which has a lovely riverfront area.Written 3 August 2021
- Variety of goods, fun to look around. Always find great items. Have attended many Flea Markets and this one is one of my favorites!Written 5 July 2019
- We spent an afternoon here and loved it! Everything about this park is in great condition and well maintained. Plenty of shade and so much fun in the water. Really , really nice!!Written 25 June 2019
- What a delightful review! Some songs made me laugh, some made me cry. Small intimate theater, I feel
I’ve found a gem!Written 8 September 2019
- My husband and I stayed @ the Koi Sanctuary Air B & B this past weekend. This is a relaxing, magical (not the Harry Potter kind of magic), healing place. The space is so serene, I felt at peace when I arrived. The hostess is so wonderful and very accommodating. I love the dedication she has for the Koi that is in her care. She educated my husband and I about koi's, I will never look at these magnificent fish the same ever again. Such a wonderful experience to be able to stay @ the Ryokan spa.Written 23 October 2017
- Fun things for kids to see and do. Open all year rain or shine. Great for adults too and very interesting!Written 27 January 2019
- We brought a group of college students here for a field trip, and it did not disappoint. Originally we wanted to do a milking class, but the cow was not ready in time, so they provided us with an in depth tour of the entire farm. We got to work with all of the animals, which was enlightening and fun for everyone involved. Overall it was a great experience!Written 5 May 2018
- Wonderful library with a huge selection and services! This library has a wide variety of special interest classes you can attend.Written 2 June 2019
- Walking here is like going to a wooded sanctuary. It's easy to find, has ample parking and wonderful wildlife and trails. It's small, but worth the trip.Written 13 January 2019
- This is a nice nature center to visit. It isn't huge, so its a perfect place to entertain the kids for an hour in between things. There are no live animals inside, but they have some neat displays. The river ecology is particularly interesting. In particular my kids enjoyed the puppet center and the art station. The art station had a large variety of tracings you can do and stamps.
The grounds are quite nice. We visited the river in the back. Unfortunately on the day we visited they had a large cross country race going on so we were a bit limited on where we could visit.Written 23 September 2017
- This place is open on weekends and also has a living History Farm just down the road a short walk from the school. You can visit the school and have a live guide tell you about history and how a one room school house worked. You can take children or make it an interesting date! Bring a picnic lunch and after you tour the Durant Peterson house on the property you can enjoy the spacious walks and picnic on the beautiful grounds! Great place to bird watch in the Spring and Fall as well!Written 24 May 2017
- My mother enjoys seeing plays so for the last 2 years I have gotten the subscription series of 5 plays a year for her Christmas/ Mother's day gift. They don't do set changes so you have to use your imagination a little bit but I've enjoyed all the plays I've seen there and the ones with singing are always very good. They also always throw some humor in which I appreciate. My favorites this year have been Unnecessary Farce and The Bikinis.Written 3 September 2015
Frequently Asked Questions about Saint Charles