Eco Tours • Stand Up Paddleboarding
Showing results 1-30 of 41
What travellers are saying
- It was fun paddling through the mangrove tunnel. No dolphins, manatees, or turtles today, but great weather. Had opportunity to dive into the water. Appreciated that fresh water shower! Steven toom good care of us.Written 20 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Dillon and Alana made challenging weather conditions an enjoyable experience on the water. They adapted the trip to first snorkel on the gulf side near mangroves, then motor out to a sandbar for swimming and frivolity. Their knowledge of the local area, the attention to detail, concern for safety as well as their focus on our enjoyment added to a great experience.
Dillon was charming.Written 14 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Staff was friendly. Equipment could use some updating and/or repair. Had a regulator seal bust at 30ft and then my air/depth gauges weren't working. The rum punch at the end was great! All-in-all, a good excursion.Written 28 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I rate Conch Republic Divers (CRD) as “Excellent” for three reasons:
1. Excellent Value: Their two-tank dive base price is very reasonable and you can get a discount if you book on-line. Dive time off/back on the boat is always a solid hour assuming sufficient/safe tank time. Not a set 45 minutes regardless of tank time, which is what most dive companies use as a limit. This 15 minute difference is huge $$$ when tallied over the course of total aggregate dives. Nitrox for an additional $12.00/tank is cheap too and always available to your dive plan. Regardless of the number of divers booked, the boat pushes on time and as promised by the dove shop operator. CRD feels that if you keep your obligation to show on time for your booked dive, they keep their promise to go on time, with only extreme bad weather /safe operation factoring into the departure. Boat profit per dive IS NOT a factor.
2. Excellent Safe Opps: As stated above, Safe Operations is “job 1” at CRD. All boats are USCG inspected on a regular schedule as well as unscheduled (unannounced) inspections. Boats are clean, well maintained, operated by trained, marine certified crews. They are always friendly and professional. All safety equipment is accessible and well briefed prior to departure.
3. Excellent sincerity in wanting to provide their divers the best in Scuba: Friendly, hospitable, relaxed and fun. CRD wants you to enjoy every dive with them. It is for that reason, you will NEVER be paired with a stranger, aka, “insta-buddy” as a dive partner. If you’re a solo diver, a certified Dive Master will dive with you and yes, there is an extra charge and no, it is not to get more $$ from solo divers; it’s cheap insurance to assure you a great dive and support should you need it during the dive. For two or more solo divers, it’s only $30.00. As a solo diver, I wouldn’t have it any other way. Become a Certified Self Reliant Diver and CRD will be happy to accommodate you.
I live in Tucson and trek to CRD to spend a solid 6-10 days diving with Conch Republic Divers. I always feel like I’m “part of the family” and properly looked over within their careful watch. And I wouldn’t have it any other way. I’m a CRDiver for as long as they’ll have me. I’m grateful and happy to declare that fact.
Cp/TUSWritten 10 November 2023
- The crew at Anchors Away really took care of myself and husband on our honeymoon. We had missed our original flight down and they worked with us on our schedule. We had such a memorable experience, and the team at Anchors Away went above and beyond to make our honeymoon special. Would recommend 100 times again!Written 25 November 2023
- Met up with Captain Barry in late October. We went out on a windy Friday morning. Captain took me to backwater spots where there wasn't ripple in the water made by the wind. Caught some snook and tarpon. Captain Barry is a true shallow water fisherman excited to show and explain all he knows about Florida Key's fishing. He is a marksman with his casting skills. Hope he is willing to offer his expertise for another 30 years. Thanks Captain.Written 6 November 2023
- Me and my Son, had a wonderful 2 hour adventure in the keys, it exceeded all our expectations, now back home in frosty England, wish we were still in the Keys, see you next time !Written 29 November 2023
- What a great trip with Captain Greg. He took our family all around the keys from Islamorada. We were out for hours and time flew as he showed us so much. We saw lots of canals and the critters who live in them as well as history of the area. We saw manatees, turtles, coral, and tropical fish. We ended the trip with a wonderful snorkel. Lots of fun fish there and the water was perfect!! As we went back to the dock he was great at answering questions about the area that we hadn’t gotten answers to. Like where to watch a sunset! Great trip even for the young adults!!!Written 8 October 2023
- We are just back from our visit to Florida including self guided cycle down the Florida Keys. These guys were brilliant in supporting us on the trip. Our flight from the UK was delayed by 24 hours which completely disrupted our plans. Patrick was really accommodating in dropping bikes halfway to allow us to do the second half of the ride. Nothing was too much trouble and he gave some great advice on places to stop and things to see. Highly recommended, and we both loved the ride!Written 23 November 2023
- Every year my friends and I spend a week in the keys diving from our own boat. We get our tanks filled at Florida Keys Dive Center. We understand that filling tanks is not the main revenue source for the Dive Center. Our dive schedule often has us returning close to dark which, makes it difficult getting tanks filled for the next day. In the past it has been tough to coordinate dropping off and picking up our tanks. This year was different. Sophia, at the Dive Center, clearly understood our needs and arranged for us to be able to drop our tanks off after hours and pick them up first thing the next morning. It was obvious to us that we were a small sale compared to everything else the Dive Center had going on but the focused attention and specific care that Sophia provided made our entire trip. Thank you Sophia, you are a valuable asset for any company that hires you! GeneWritten 17 July 2023
- We had the BEST experience with Captain Ryan! He took such incredible care of my son who is 12 and is obviously such a pro. He made the day such a special one and we will definitely be calling to book another soon. My son has done several similar charters but told me that Good Karma was the best experience he's ever had. Thank you Ryan!Written 27 November 2023
- Fishing with Casey on the Sea Senorita was the best part of our trip! The boat was very nice and clean and Capt. Casey put us on the fish. We started out catching our limit of black fin tuna in the morning then we started searching for mahi mahi. It did not take long and we were hooked up to 5 mahis at once, Casey was a great coach and very patient in helping us land all 5! We continued to catch the mahis all day it was the fishing trip of a lifetime. When we got back to the dock Casey filleted all the fish for us and his fiancé at Ship your Catch packaged them and sent them to us in NJ we are still enjoying the fish 3 months later. I could not more highly recommend another fishing charter, very clean, friendly and great fishing!Written 14 November 2023
- Captain Dave Perkins is the best guy around for back country fishing! He knew all the spots and it wasn’t long until we started catching ladyfish, speckled trout, redfish and snook. His impressively keen eye doesn’t miss a single detail in the back country, and we even saw a flamingo. He’s funny and personable, I just can’t recommend him enough!!Written 13 June 2023
- Amazing service, we booked a kayak online at 11.00pm and the kayak was waiting for us on the beach at 8.30am. Also, great communication with the staff who texted me to give me updates. We’ll come backWritten 12 November 2023
- Another great trip with Tony and his crew. Every time we come down to the keys we make sure to go out Spearfishing with Forever Young, these guys are the best! Our friends went fishing with them while we were diving and had a blast catching yellowtail, mutton snapper and jacksWritten 28 April 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Tavernier
- These are the best hidden gems for tours in Tavernier:See more hidden gem tours in Tavernier on Tripadvisor