Top Attractions in Tarpon Springs
What travellers are saying
- Went to this area which is known as the sponge capital of the world. History lesson learned they have boat tours explaining the Tarpon Spring history which is interesting. We did not take the tour but one of the guides told us a little about the area and how it was founded etc.Written 6 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Absolute Paradise- After 21/2 years of lockdown- areal treat- 5 dollars to par all day, if you can cope with the heatWritten 21 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Sunset Beach is a beautiful place to spend time with the family. The waters are gorgeous and the setting absolutely stunning.Written 23 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- So many games to choose from. 60's up to 2000's. Free play with admission so you can stay for hours, or just stay for a bit and come back with the wrist band. Played better on pinball games than I ever did as a kid. LOLWritten 25 June 2022
- St. Nicholas Greek Cathedral is a must see during a Tarpon Spring visit. The church is packed with beautiful art, including frescoes and stained glass windows. It is a great place to stop for prayer and meditation.Written 23 April 2022
- I have been there a few times, but it is very pleasant to relax there and walk along the edge of the lake.Written 14 January 2022
- Craig Park is a great place to take a stroll around in the early morning. We had hoped to see dolphins or manatees but we didn't.
Maybe another time.Written 7 March 2022
- Great bite sized aquarium. The interaction with the animals is terrific. Our granddaughter loved the touch tanks and feeding the baby gators and turtles. Holding a baby gator at the end of the gator show is delightful. Right now they have really discounted entry fees (check their website), spend the savings on animal food tickets. You won't regret that. Don't worry, they also have a hand washing station. We asked staff a few questions and got really informative answers. They are freshly open and will only get better. Thanks for a wonderful afternoon.Written 9 April 2021
- This is a beautiful place and we took a short nature hike with a volunteer who was very knowledgeable and interesting. There's a lovely education center, gift shop and exhibits.Written 26 February 2022
- I was blown away by this place, easily spent more than an hour there. Learning the history & backgrounds of these two artists was special, interesting for an art history interested person. The traveling/special exhibits have been interesting, high level art. Perfect for educated, elitist people, haha but - seriously surprisingly good museum. Not everyone would appreciate. A gem in the town, on the campus of St Petersburg College's Tarpon Springs campus. I will return regularly, and will recommend to friends.Written 24 October 2020
- We did the dolphin/ beach excursion. We saw a few dolphins (I know this is a totally uncontrollable aspect). For the island stop, the captain chose a good spot to find nice shells and the area was not crowded. Overall, a very nice trip. I do think the adult drinks were a little pricey. $5 for a smaller solo cup loaded with ice. Our other trip had free drinks. But again still very nice and we got to see a whole different area.Written 14 August 2022
- Whitcomb Bayou is a lovely park to enjoy fresh air and take a walk. It is close to downtown, perfect for a stroll after a big meal.Written 23 April 2022
- Wow. What an amazing brewery! They had 18 different beers on tap! All prices were fair. I tried 4 different beers, the Dream Pop was my absolute favorite! But the other three were delicious too! I had the Snowmass, Croke Park Stour, and the Pils.. all equally awesome! The bartender was super nice and was happy to give great recommendations on what to do around town. They have a nice little snack selection and a hidden gem of a beer garden in the back with music and plenty of shade! Def the best brewery going in Tarpon Springs! Don't pass up Two Frogs!Written 25 March 2022
- Brewery was ok, owner was very interested in other things. We tried a few beers he stated he hoped we would buy a beer. REALLY. Nice decorations but very dark.Written 13 May 2021
- Guided tour by a knowledgeable volunteer. Pretty interesting story of the house and its occupants. Note that if you buy a combo ticket you can see this and the Heritage Museum and save a few bucks.Written 18 November 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Tarpon Springs