- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
8 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- Loved the history. The boat was very authentic. Worth every penny. The captain was very knowledgeable.Written 30 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Our family and son with ASD participated in Island Dolphin Care's 3 day program while we were in Key Largo. We probably would have done the 5 day program, but it was the 4th of July week and we had already planned a few other excursions during our time there. From the start, the communication with the staff at IDC was professional, warm, and caring. It was clear that they are NOT a tourist trap or an amusement park, and ARE completely dedicated to animal assisted therapy and individually tailored therapy sessions. Although the application form took about 25 minutes to fill out, the staff carefully review it to tailor the session to your child and family's needs, and they already knew a lot of specifics about each family member including names, preferences, and dislikes when we first arrived.
I'm not sure if it's because they were still in the process of reopening to the public post-COVID or the holiday weekend, but we had the WHOLE place to ourselves during our 2 hour morning therapy sessions. There was a warm welcome sign welcoming our son and our family, and the staff were also there to welcome us. The lead therapist we worked with, Eli, has over 16 years of experience at IDC and was a special education teach before that. We always felt well cared for and most importantly, our son was engaged, happy, and looked forward to going to the sessions. It probably also helped that they had elevators at the facility (he loves elevators), and he did some bubble painting the first day before going to swim with the dolphins (he loves bubbles). The dolphin swims were amazing, and the staff took pictures the whole time that they then uploaded to a website where we had full access so we could be fully present during the experience. The dolphin trainers are very knowledgable, friendly, and accustomed to working with families with special needs.
Overall, I highly recommend IDC. If we ever return to Key Largo, we'll be back!Written 12 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The parrot in the beginning was the best! Nice little boardwalk. They are redoing the pelican enclosure so please donate!Written 30 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Capt. Tony was always very welcoming and informative. He made jokes and told us a lot of the interesting facts about the island. We saw AMAZING things like: massive manatees, rare birds, jelly fish, lizards, geckos, dolphins, mangrove trees, coral reefs, and a lot of other nature!! Capt. Tony told us cool stories and fun facts the whole time. He also told us about yummy places to eat and gave us passes. It was well-worth the money and was definitely a memorable experience and a highlight of our trip!!!Written 10 August 2022
- Had a wonderful time diving with them for 3 days over the Christmas holiday. Big thanks to Ron for helping one of the teens get PADI open water certified! The whole team was very helpful and we will book with them again whenever we are diving in the area!Written 31 December 2021
- Our party of four took two tandem kayaks out with Suzanne for a two hour paddle. She was great company and shared her knowledge of flora and fauna in the mangroves. It was great fun!Written 7 May 2022
- We had an excellent trip diving in Key Largo! The guides and staff were very friendly and made the trip really enjoyable. The boat ride is smooth and relaxing. I loved that we were able to go to two different sites to dive. While we had a full boat, it didn't feel crowded once we were in the water. I would definitely dive here again!Written 31 July 2022
- We have been coming to the Keys for many years and I can tell you first hand this is by far the best charter in the keys. Tony, Jeff and Luke go the extra mile to make sure your trip is absolutely amazing. Treating you like a lifetime friend Tony really knows how to make you feel like family. From spearfishing to going offshore to fish for Mahi this charter company has you covered. You will not regret going out with these amazing guys. Can’t wait to be back in a few weeks for another trip. It makes our vacation every year.Written 8 July 2021