- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
20 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- We took the boat out for a snorkeling adventure. The crew was great and we had a truly great time! The equipment we rented was in great shape and when we returned from the trip, there were fresh water showers for us to use to rinse the salt water off.Written 4 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Our family and son with ASD participated in Island Dolphin Care's 3 day program while we were in Key Largo. We probably would have done the 5 day program, but it was the 4th of July week and we had already planned a few other excursions during our time there. From the start, the communication with the staff at IDC was professional, warm, and caring. It was clear that they are NOT a tourist trap or an amusement park, and ARE completely dedicated to animal assisted therapy and individually tailored therapy sessions. Although the application form took about 25 minutes to fill out, the staff carefully review it to tailor the session to your child and family's needs, and they already knew a lot of specifics about each family member including names, preferences, and dislikes when we first arrived.
I'm not sure if it's because they were still in the process of reopening to the public post-COVID or the holiday weekend, but we had the WHOLE place to ourselves during our 2 hour morning therapy sessions. There was a warm welcome sign welcoming our son and our family, and the staff were also there to welcome us. The lead therapist we worked with, Eli, has over 16 years of experience at IDC and was a special education teach before that. We always felt well cared for and most importantly, our son was engaged, happy, and looked forward to going to the sessions. It probably also helped that they had elevators at the facility (he loves elevators), and he did some bubble painting the first day before going to swim with the dolphins (he loves bubbles). The dolphin swims were amazing, and the staff took pictures the whole time that they then uploaded to a website where we had full access so we could be fully present during the experience. The dolphin trainers are very knowledgable, friendly, and accustomed to working with families with special needs.
Overall, I highly recommend IDC. If we ever return to Key Largo, we'll be back!Written 12 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I spent the week with Rainbow Reef Diving. Can Not say enough about all the captains Mates and Guides. Special shout out to Indy Michelle and Bill The best captains ever And mates/Guides J, Diver Dina, Haley and Alana( she was our guide for my first ever night dive) Overall great experience
Can not wait till my next tripWritten 1 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The parrot in the beginning was the best! Nice little boardwalk. They are redoing the pelican enclosure so please donate!Written 30 June 2022
- I truly enjoyed this dive site. I've done it about 10 times and there is always something to see! Even on a busy day, the wreck is vast enough that there are no crowds. If you have a DPV, I highly recommend you bring it.Written 3 August 2022
- This was just the first stop during a half day snorkel tour and I could've stayed all day here, it was that great of an experience, a must see.Written 6 July 2022
- we biked to this beach and found it just ok. It wasn't crowded, but it just wasn't the type of beach area where I would want to linger. I enjoyed the beach at Founders Park on Islamorada way more- nicer beach area, nicer water for swimming & some excellent snorkeling along the mangroves.Written 25 January 2022
- There's a lot of restoration going on but there are many nice trails, and some good signs. More signs are needed. Would be a nice place to ride your bike, some trails are shaded. Bring bug spray!Written 13 May 2022
- Dove double dry rocks with Horizon Divers and had a wonderful dive experience. A lot of colorful coral, eels, fish, and other sea creatures to explore and admire!Written 23 October 2019
- Well, this is one of the most trip worthy trails in the country but it's hard to rate because it's very different depending on the portion and your purpose. We walked along on Tavernier and it was great: lovely, and plenty to see.Written 24 October 2021
- def enjoyed this experience and would return just for the ride. it was also nice to see sea life under water, coral reef and diff types of fish.Written 20 March 2019
- Went there last summer just me and my husband in our boat...has an awesome time while we snorkel and catch some lobsters...Written 10 December 2019
- Went on a snorkeling trip out of the state park. Saw a spotted eagle ray, four-foot barracuda, and lots of other reef life. Only drawback is that not everyone understands how fragile these reefs are.Written 31 May 2022
- Nice local park with plenty of variety. Tennis, running path. Exercise stations. Play area and grass. Pool costs to enter.Written 2 December 2018
- This is a huge preserve. Unfortunately, the visitor's center was closed due to COVID and we couldn't figure out if there was any way to get in and explore. Another time.Written 31 December 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Key Largo
- These experiences are best for nature & parks in Key Largo:
- Mangrove Tunnel Kayak Adventure in Key Largo
- Miami: Key West Boat Activities with Round Trip Transfer
- Sunset Eco Cruise on the Florida Bay
- Miami: Key West Day Trip with various Water Sports Options
- Florida Keys Eco Tour by Boat
- These are the best places for kid-friendly nature & parks in Key Largo:
- Island Dolphin Care
- Florida Keys Wild Bird Rehabilitation Center
- John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park
- Harry Harris Park
- Dagny Johnson Key Largo Hammock Botanical State Park
- These are the most romantic places for nature & parks in Key Largo:See more romantic nature & parks in Key Largo on Tripadvisor