Surfing & Windsurfing • Stand Up Paddleboarding
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- My buying experience was perfect! They have a huge selection of all boards.
We purchase 2 Sunova Steeze SUP.
These boards are light and easy to transport.
They unpackaged the boards, and got them on the car rack for us. Nice work!
ZERO pressure to buy now or high end. They want you to understand exactly what your buying so you are happy.
🏄Written 30 November 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I live on the gulf coast of Florida which doesn't have many opportunities to surf but, I just came back from Coast Rica where I had begun to learn to surf and wanted to keep learning. I had 1 lesson from someone I didn't care for and knew I would have to drive to the east coast to find an instructor. I had contacted several places and instructors none of whom seemed to be able to help. I understood that It was a little complicated since although I have a flexible schedule I do have to work. I would also have to drive the night before so would want to have a general idea of what the surf was doing. I know the surf is unpredictable and I wasn't looking for any guarantees more just some help deciding as to whether it was worth the drive. I really thought it would have been easier to find some place or someone. I turned to Ron John's because of the name but, they were cold and unwilling to appreciate the lengths I was willing to go to surf. I was beginning to give up when I found Jay. He is AWESOME!! When I say that I mean he is an awesome person and an awesome instructor. We communicated by text and checked with each other about what the surf was looking like. There were a couple of times he told me not to make the drive because the surf wasn't worth it. He really took the time to learn what I was looking for and wanted to make sure that if I was going to make the drive I got everything he could give. Well, I just got back and I couldn't be happier. I drove 3 hours there the night before, spent the night so we could surf in the morning and then drove 3 hours home after. I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt it was worth 6 hours of driving and a night in a hotel for everything Jay taught me. No the surf wasn't perfect but, it was just right for what I had told him I wanted to work on. First he spent time teaching me a lot of important safety information. Even though I learned a lot in Costa Rica including basic safety precautions Jay taught me even more valuable safety lessons. He proceeded to teach me not only how to read the surf reports but, what the numbers in the surf report really mean in practical terms. I began to feel more confident surfing by myself and we hadn't even gone in water yet. Those things are fundamental yet, almost no instructors teach them to that level. My other instructor here didn't teach them at all. After we had gone over the basics we hit the water. He was constantly evaluating what my level was to make sure I was always learning and having fun. What he taught me in the water gave me even more confidence to go out alone. He was supportive, fun and full of great tips to catch even more waves. Since the conditions weren't ideal and the kids were back in school he had extra time in which he gave to me. He didn't have to spend his free time continuing to help me but, because he loves doing what he does, loves helping his students progress and appreciated the lengths I was willing to take to surf he spent all the time he had helping me. His passion for surfing is obvious as is his love for his students. After our lesson he even went with me to the surf shop to go over different surf boards. He answered every question I had and helped me pick the perfect board for my level of surfing. I plan on getting some practice in and will definitely be making the drive to see him again soon. What a perfect day!!Written 29 August 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I know this review is late but I can’t say enough good things about EZ Ride Surf School. Marcello was informative, encouraging and patient. I have a fear of being out in the ocean past my knees and Marcello was patient and encouraging. He stayed in the water with my entire family the whole lesson and everyone was able to “surf”. I even made it to my knees, which had been my goal. Our lesson was at the start of the Pandemic and we had to deal with beach closures in addition to the weather conditions. Marcello, did a great job finding us a beach, with the perfect conditions and helped this 48 year old make it on a surf board, Thank You!Written 14 January 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Andres Arroyave was very enthusiastic about surfing and really encouraged me to push myself in a kind and patient manner.
He stayed with me overtime so that I could really feel confident on a surf board. Because of this, I was able to stand up on my board and ride a wave all the way into the shore!
I was very surprised with myself.Written 23 January 2014