- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
5 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travellers are saying
- We came over to Ireland from the U.K. as 2 experienced Climbers/walkers to originally walk up Carountoohil, however on doing some research we thought we’d do it by Howling Ridge the classic mountaineering route up the mountain, all I can say is it turned out to be one of the best mountaineering routes up to the summit, my only complaint was that the weather was 24 degrees of sunshine with no wind, so it made it a bit tougher than it should of been.
In my view it was the best way to get to the summit.
However I would recommend doing it with and experienced mountain guide if you are inexperienced.
After we had spent some time on the summit, we descended via the Devils Ladder (Not for the faint hearted, a bit like descending off Milestone butress in Ogwen)
This is also one of the ways to the summit if you are walking it.
All in all a great and memorable adventureWritten 18 September 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Had a wonderful day climbing Irelands highest mountain today led by a very knowledgeable and careful guide. Thank you John for a wonderful experience.Written 15 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Cronin's Yard is a facility for those that wish to walk in the Reeks and parking the car there requires a €2 coin to be inserted at the barrier when exiting. In return, the Yard has clean toilets, a meeting area, a cafe, benches etc. This is a fantastic facility worth every bit of the €2, just remember to take a €2 coin with you.Written 11 August 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- One of the highlight of our trip was an unplanned stop at the Woolen Mill. Was treated to a tour of the facility, and walked through the entire process, from beginning to end. Lovely hostess answered many questions given by our group of 8. Then shopped to our hearts delight, and the clerk (whose name I did not get...), was so patient with us. Shipped our goodies home and now are eagerly waiting for them to arrive!Written 27 December 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.